• Notice to all BUYERS. You are buying at your own risk. If you do not know the seller then please be cautious and look for suspicious activity. If they ask you to mail a check/money order or pay with PayPal using the Friends and Family option, that is a RED FLAG. Your purchase will not be protected. Only pay with credit card or PayPal using the goods and services options. Do not fall for the excuse that they don't want to pay the PayPal fees. They need to account for that in their sales price.
  • To all USERS that think they need to police the site. New users that come to sell items are not always selling stolen merchandise. No vigilante or lynch mob mentality is permitted. You will be given infraction points if you accuse someone of selling stolen merchandise without hard evidence. You must have the stolen item report with a serial number and/or pictures that match the for sale item to make such accusations. Alert the moderators with your evidence and they will take care of any transgressions. If you do not you will be given enough points for a 3 day time out.
  • Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Want to trade Poulan 4000

02stangguy

02stangguy

ArboristSite Lurker
Testing the waters here. I have a good condition poulan 4000 that I would like to trade for a bigger saw. We bought our house 4 year ago from a family friend and he left the saw in the shed. I found it and got it running again. Replaced the fuel lines and fuel filter. Seems to have good compression although I never tested it. I dont think it has a lot of hours on it. Previous owner said he stopped using it cause it was to big. I’ll get more pictures if anyone is interested

Attachments

Jethro 2t sniffer

Jethro 2t sniffer

Addicted to ArboristSite
No worries mate real nice group of guys they may convince you to keep it and drink at the green bar Haha. I have a 4000 and a great saw like it a lot

02stangguy

02stangguy

ArboristSite Lurker
Haha yea I love the saw but need something a little bigger. I’ve been thinking about getting a kit and building one. We will see what happens

Jethro 2t sniffer

Jethro 2t sniffer

Addicted to ArboristSite
Fair enough most of us wind up with a saw for every occasion haha. A husky 372 would probably see ya well. I run mac 7-10s and a pm700 as the 70cc saw gap filler they limb well enough and kinda do the bigger stuff too. My biggest is a mac 800 at 82cc and that's a big step in grunt and weight.

A husky 288 will be the big saw 1 day when funds allow

SamT1

SamT1

ArboristSite Guru
It’s not the finest looking machine. But it runs great and could be prettied up. That was my plan. But I haven’t done much with it because it’s too heavy for what I do.
5561622F-8A84-47D5-9F84-2C890E4DF481.jpeg

02stangguy

02stangguy

ArboristSite Lurker
I would be interested in that. Does it come with the bar and chain? What size bar is on it. I’ll get some more pics up of the poulan later today

02stangguy

02stangguy

ArboristSite Lurker
Cool looks nice. Think I could get new plastic for where it’s chewed up by the muffler? Any known issues with it? It would be the only saw I own so gota make sure it’s reliable! This poulan starts like clockwork. 4 pulls with chock on 2 pulls with it off and it fires right up every time.

Attachments

SamT1

SamT1

ArboristSite Guru
Here is a link to the thread where it’s listed.
https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/husqvarna-288-xp-high-top-450.333945/#post-6956915

I bought it off a guy that hadn’t started it in 10 years since he closed his landscape business. Tune up, new air filter, new rim sproket and its going. Runs really strong. Starts quick, but eat your wheaties because it doesn’t have a decomp. If I was gonna make a living with it I’d probably put new fuel lines on and replace that rotten oil pump.
The kill switch doesn’t work, I just choke it.
I don’t think it has the right chain tensioner screw in it. But I’m not sure I’m no husky guy. You can definitely get a plastic cover, but the hitop cover over the air filter is pretty rare.

02stangguy

02stangguy

ArboristSite Lurker
That thing is pretty sweet. I’m going to wait a bit to see if anything else comes up but I’d probably be willing to make a trade with you for that husky

redunshee

redunshee

Addicted to ArboristSite
That thing is pretty sweet. I’m going to wait a bit to see if anything else comes up but I’d probably be willing to make a trade with you for that husky
Great saws but be prepared to get used to starting it. They pull like a bear and if you don't get the cylinder to TDC, it will require some effort. other than that real powerful.

02stangguy

02stangguy

ArboristSite Lurker
Haha I’ll have to start working out. Any way you could send me links to for what the saw will need. The oiled pump and maybe that plastic shroud that’s melted