PP655 K&N Air Filter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm preparing to replace the crank seals and piston rings in my PP655. While I'm at it, I'd like to convert it to the K&N air filter setup. Does anyone know of a source for the kit or manifold? The kit is PN 507476467. The manifold alone is PN 507476463. Does anyone know the K&N PN for the filter? Thanks!

Look into an online scooter supply house, they have all sorts of air filters and mounts for various carbs, and they are cheaper than saw parts.

I bought 2 in December, prepare to come up with loads of cash........

or just fab your own... Can't be that hard to fab a filter intake plate with a shoulder and a stud to strap a K&N filter down...I can think of at least 3-4 fabricators on here that could make them pretty easily or even improve the OEM design... Pretty sure Alex made his from scratch...

Last edited:
dahagevy.jpg
7a6y6yhu.jpg

Here is the poulan pro base with the K&N filter. Also new clutch cover western dogs and full wrap with a 36" bar.
photobucket-4776-1324180562729.jpg

photobucket-4947-1324180457137.jpg

Fine looking saw Bob. You're gonna make some new friends real fast...

LOL I bet. I run full comp chain with a 8 tooth sprocket that saw just does not stop. The clutch was bad so I installed a new one and going to replace the drum soon too.
Did you get my PM's? I found out today the shop I been telling you about has been going since 1936.
Bob

The bases went NLA about 2-3 years ago. Everything else is still available through Poulan.
The filter has K&N HA-30 on the bottom. I use these on my Pioneer/Poulan work saws. I don't think it's possible to get any better filtration.
Much better than the standard filter they use.

IMG_8359.jpg

IMG_8360.jpg

Last edited:
LOL I bet. I run full comp chain with a 8 tooth sprocket that saw just does not stop. The clutch was bad so I installed a new one and going to replace the drum soon too.
Did you get my PM's? I found out today the shop I been telling you about has been going since 1936.
Bob

Wow, that shop has some history then. I think you and your missus will have a fine time taking it over and will make it very profitable.

You can be the hobbit that hangs out in the bar and chain room...

The bases went NLA about 2-3 years ago. Everything else is still available through Poulan.
The filter has K&N HA-30 on the bottom. I use these on my Pioneer/Poulan work saws. I don't think it's possible to get any better filtration.
Much better than the standard filter they use.

I had 18 of those bases, NOS, when I first joined here. I gave fourteen of them away. Back then, nobody wanted them. The other day I was rooting
through some junk and found two more of the bases and two more NOS filters. Sweet, I thought, I just happen to be building up a NOS P-45HP
and a near-new P-60.

Wow, that shop has some history then. I think you and your missus will have a fine time taking it over and will make it very profitable.

You can be the hobbit that hangs out in the bar and chain room...

I had 18 of those bases, NOS, when I first joined here. I gave fourteen of them away. Back then, nobody wanted them. The other day I was rooting
through some junk and found two more of the bases and two more NOS filters. Sweet, I thought, I just happen to be building up a NOS P-45HP
and a near-new P-60.

Any NOS P45 rings laying around JJ?

Latest posts

Back