PP655 K&N Air Filter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that shop has some history then. I think you and your missus will have a fine time taking it over and will make it very profitable.

You can be the hobbit that hangs out in the bar and chain room...

I had 18 of those bases, NOS, when I first joined here. I gave fourteen of them away. Back then, nobody wanted them. The other day I was rooting
through some junk and found two more of the bases and two more NOS filters. Sweet, I thought, I just happen to be building up a NOS P-45HP
and a near-new P-60.

I got 1 or 2 of them bases from you several years back when I first joined. I know I have several extra bases in boxes in the attic of the shop. I need to do an inventory on them. I did give Lee first dibs on one when I round them up. I do like the looks of the standard cover better, but on the saws I cut with... I use the K&N set up.

I got 1 or 2 of them bases from you several years back when I first joined. I know I have several extra bases in boxes in the attic of the shop. I need to do an inventory on them. I did give Lee first dibs on one when I round them up. I do like the looks of the standard cover better, but on the saws I cut with... I use the K&N set up.

There was another set-up Ed, with a round paper cartridge filter that I *think* came on the Pioneers converted to cut-off saws. I got one with a box of junk I bought a couple years ago.

It consists of a regular filter cover modified with four holes, a rubber "filter base" on top, and a round cartridge that fastens to the stock cover with its' own cover.
I'll post a picture tomorrow.

The P45 is one of my favorites in that series.
This one I have is not nos, but it's super clean.

IMG_7425.jpg

IMG_7428.jpg

There was another set-up Ed, with a round paper cartridge filter that I *think* came on the Pioneers converted to cut-off saws. I got one with a box of junk I bought a couple years ago.

It consists of a regular filter cover modified with four holes, a rubber "filter base" on top, and a round cartridge that fastens to the stock cover with its' own cover.
I'll post a picture tomorrow.

Yes, I have a couple of those as well. It's a standard cover with the rear air intake openings sealed off. They work fine, but I like the other style much better. It has a plastic round base that mounts to the cover. This style will accept the K&N filter as well. Like you mentioned though, most used a standard open element filter with a plastic cover over it.
Bryce as a bunch of those style bases. LINK>>> Pioneer 60 61 62 P60 P61 Air Filter Cover STBX686 | eBay

While we are on the "P" series saws, I am building a 655bp and could use some brake parts. If anyone has any extra stuff (I've got a NOS bar cover but that is all) let me know.......

While we are on the "P" series saws, I am building a 655bp and could use some brake parts. If anyone has any extra stuff (I've got a NOS bar cover but that is all) let me know.......

I picked up a nos side cover/brake assy off the bay for the pioneer farmsaw for under $30 then just swapped what parts I needed.

I picked up a nos side cover/brake assy off the bay for the pioneer farmsaw for under $30 then just swapped what parts I needed.

That's gonna be the best option. Finding P-series brake parts in this crowd is going to be a tough sell. I have stuff but I'm saving it all for my three upcoming P-series builds.

That's gonna be the best option. Finding P-series brake parts in this crowd is going to be a tough sell. I have stuff but I'm saving it all for my three upcoming P-series builds.

I know what you mean. I have to check again to see if my supplier of NOS brake/clutch covers still has any more in stock. So far I have gotten 3 from him. Maybe a road trip is in order.

Hey guys,
Not as much time as I want to spend on here!
But will say this.
They are still available!
Google your nearest Quickie saw distributor and they are LOADED with them!
The bases were the same as the concrete saw and are still available.
The filters were different, but K&N make one that is similar and a bit more durable.
The OEM ones were a bit soft and didnt have the support ribs like K&N.

Wifes been timing contractions for the past 9 days and every ones on pins and needles here!
Bug out bags are packed to go to the hospital! LOL!

Rottman's has parts but you have to call them. So does Discount Marine.

Good to know Jacob, Didn't know Discount Marine
had Pioneer parts. Bought many Mac parts from them.
Ya don't by chance have Rottmans phone # do ya.
I've never bought from them.

Good to hear from ya Teddy!!!!!!!!!

Lee

Good to know Jacob, Didn't know Discount Marine
had Pioneer parts. Bought many Mac parts from them.
Ya don't by chance have Rottmans phone # do ya.
I've never bought from them.

Good to hear from ya Teddy!!!!!!!!!

Lee

Discount Marine doesn't have Pioneer parts and if you call them asking for Pioneer parts,
they're not gonna know what you're talking about.

They were a Target Quickie dealer back in the day and they have some old Target Quickie
parts, including some for the models that used the Pioneer and Partner power heads.

This base fits all the Poulan Pro #55 models and equivalent Pioneer models!

Now lets see the first guy takes this info and eBays a set! LOL!!!

Latest posts

Back