Runnin' Loads

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't remember if I already posted this pict. or not? But I like it, so here I go,

standard.jpg

SR

How well does that single thumb hold the logs? That’s one of the types I was looking at for my 3-1/4 yard bucket loader.

04725A41-0FCC-4CC2-9012-A6738F6C16BC.jpeg

Took the day off work and processed up 2 of these trailer loads today. Kinda slow moving as the dump trailer hinge snapped off at the frame. Ugh PJ and their crappy powder coating. Then the SuperSplit decided to crap out the bronze bushing at the clutch/crank shaft. Couldn’t find any thing local so I put a copper pipe in the spot the bronze bushing was. That did not last long. I think I will be pulling the clutch off and just eliminating it. Pretty sure it’s stuck anyways as both flywheels spin when pull starting it. 415EA908-B5D0-4227-93FB-2881B3184C8A.jpeg

So another split load of 4’s to stack and trash to burn ... slowly thawing up here but got a while yet till green grass.

A5A5BA1B-44F4-4B61-A0B8-AFE5D64314ED.jpeg
We are having some personal distancing stupid people doing stupid shiet lately, so I do have ask, who else rolls CLRR ?
70D268E0-1E40-4894-AE4A-E95740268B7D.jpeg

Keep on .... Running Load’s !!!

All I have left is to wire the winch up, drill a couple holes and add sheaves and then Ill be back to hauling again. The winch stand and the standpipe at the tail end of the trailer are removable for when I need to haul the skid steer or something like that.

Attachments

• IMG_20200328_191219423_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200328_191219423_HDR.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
Latest load, Found a guy clearing existing trees to put in an orchard. Live oak, front of the trailer is full of rounds. I marked the logs in round lengths and loaded whole to save time and maximize the wood I got out of the lot.

Attachments

• 20200215_154758.jpg
    20200215_154758.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 23
So how’s everyone surviving this epidemic?

My job is at a stand still at the moment and have 2-3 weeks of dragging my heals till they lay us off but the Fed’s may reopen businesses I deal with on the 14th so it may not be so bad, mini paid vacation on the Fed’s!!

In the mean time I’m just doing the usual spring cutting of enough junk wood to run the boiler and 4fts to the stack. We did cut some more truck sized trail ... which I personally hate doing as it’s lots of ground cutting and scrubbing of under brush.

78721EC5-C779-4F6A-8640-AA2A5BF78A9C.jpeg
So in the weeks to follow just ...

Keep on .... Running Loads !!

Took the day off work and processed up 2 of these trailer loads today. Kinda slow moving as the dump trailer hinge snapped off at the frame. Ugh PJ and their crappy powder coating. Then the SuperSplit decided to crap out the bronze bushing at the clutch/crank shaft. Couldn’t find any thing local so I put a copper pipe in the spot the bronze bushing was. That did not last long. I think I will be pulling the clutch off and just eliminating it. Pretty sure it’s stuck anyways as both flywheels spin when pull starting it. View attachment 810606
I don’t know what the average life span of a dump trailer is, but my Pequea is turning 15 years old this year. It has very minimal paint loss, some dents in the floor, put one light bulb in a tail light. I use it enough that I don’t unhook it from my truck unless I have to. It’s a C500, which is there small commercial grade trailer, with 6 lug wheels, brakes, diamond plate fenders and diamond plate step in front and behind the fenders. I can’t praise them enough for building a dang nice trailer.

Latest posts

Back