Runnin' Loads

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It works great, Matt. It makes splitting easier too, because you can roll the rounds right onto the splitter, NO bending or lifting needed!

SR

This is 100% accurate. I split all my wood this way, but using a gooseneck trailer most of the time. It's a perfect height. A couple years ago I had a pile of rounds on the ground and figured, what the heck, I'll lift them up to the splitter, a lot of guys do it that way. Boy, after doing a cord or so that way, I could tell the difference the next day. I can pretty much split as much as I want if I'm just shifting from the trailer to the beam and not feel it at all the next day.

I very rarely see anyone hauling wood that hasn’t already been bucked up, here locally. Excluding loggers. Lots of you on this forum do it though. Interesting. I think people don’t have the equipment, or don’t want to haul it in addition to hauling firewood.
In a perfect world I would bring the wood home bucked up and split off the trailer. I had a side job just before Covid hit that was paying me $250 a day to haul Oak trees that went down in a tornado away. It was faster to skid the logs to the trailer and pull them on. We could get 3 tralier loads in a 5-6 hour day. Don't get long days for $250.
qiCeQ9h.jpg

lBqu02F.jpg

ZA4x0gR.jpg

What happened to it? Seems there isn’t much you wouldn’t want to fix, unless the frame snapped in half.
Nothing recent. A few years ago (5 now???) chucker helped me replace one of the original leaf springs that had broken. I replaced the other when I put in the new axle a year or two later.

A few of the box side supports could use some work eventually.

Latest posts

Back