• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold SCARR ported Stihl 064

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heck, I may be a nut case but I thing the black looks slick as heck. I would like to see the clutch cover matched. The same old orange and white gets boring. At least Husqy tried with the silver; I think it would have worked if it didn't rub off so easy. They do look good when they are new IMO. With all that said the color is irrelevant to me. Paint it pink so I can buy it for about $500 :)

Heck, I may be a nut case but I thing the black looks slick as heck. I would like to see the clutch cover matched. The same old orange and white gets boring. At least Husqy tried with the silver; I think it would have worked if it didn't rub off so easy. They do look good when they are new IMO. With all that said the color is irrelevant to me. Paint it pink so I can buy it for about $500 :)

If he did that; it would be your luck that some color blind person would beat you to the punch... Lol!

Shaun,
I was not questioning your asking price (which I think is very fair for a classic saw that's been quality ported). I was simply observing that the black paint is probably the one thing that's holding it back from being sold many times over by now (and for more money at that). Maybe I was just stating the obvious, but I was also bumping your ad too. GLWS

I like the black paint too in a way, and Im a known "Conditionalist". With how sales are going right now on AS (slow) a premium condition saw is harder to sell than a clapped out one it seems. The condition and price point of say a saw like this one, appeals to more of the general masses here on AS. There are a few of us quacks that will pay the premium for mint saws, if one so strikes our fancy. But investing more to bring the appearance of this saw up, will likely narrow the pool of prospective buyers by a good bit. It's a balancing act and it can go either way. I have several mint saws, but I enjoy using the saws that aren't "perfect" more.

I like the black paint too in a way, and Im a known "Conditionalist". With how sales are going right now on AS (slow) a premium condition saw is harder to sell than a clapped out one it seems. The condition and price point of say a saw like this one, appeals to more of the general masses here on AS. There are a few of us quacks that will pay the premium for mint saws, if one so strikes our fancy. But investing more to bring the appearance of this saw up, will likely narrow the pool of prospective buyers by a good bit. It's a balancing act and it can go either way. I have several mint saws, but I enjoy using the saws that aren't "perfect" more.

I also think a all matte black saw would be very cool looking if you could somehow prevent to paint from flaking off of the plastic parts with use.
This saw should be listed as a "Halloween Special- dark, spooky and scary fast!":chainsaw:
Bump for a great porter...

I also think a all matte black saw would be very cool looking if you could somehow prevent to paint from flaking off of the plastic parts with use.
This saw should be listed as a "Halloween Special- dark, spooky and scary fast!":chainsaw:
Bump for a great porter...

I've seen plastic successfully died black with boiling in water with rit black dye. I believe Hedgerow did it to a few saws and I think he said only black works.

If I didn't already have 3 of his saws I'd be all over this one. Bump for great guy.

Back