Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Believe it or not, it was my Aunt who used to hunt with "my dream gun", but it was a one of a kind, and was sold, and I'll never have it.

Was a Winchester Mdl 95 in 30-06 done over by Griffin & Howe, the lever was pistol grip and it had a 24" barrel with beautiful engraving on the stock. Let me tell ya, that gun was sweet! It was worth thousands 30 years ago, God knows what it is worth now!

My Aunt, who was about 95 lbs, used to carry that in the woods. She and my Uncle would go into the Adirondacks for a week at a time, no tent, just a tarp and a 2 person sleeping bag!

You should stop at the shop on the way up, Fur Feather and Fin, they have a bunch of old Model 95's in there. Ill be bringing up the .35Rem, took the scope off the 06 for the .223 and never got around to putting another on the 06. Ill probably bring the 6.5 as back up.... Unless I sneak away tomorrow after firewood and grab a scope, could sight it in at Joe's farm this week at lunch.......

Thanks Mike. I hated antler restrictions originally. We have been living with them for 12 or 15 years. They have produced many nice trophy size bucks where we used to get scrub fork horns and spikes. Honestly I like the antler restrictions. They did do heavy duty herd reduction so we have way less deer overall. This week I have done 6 days of hunting and saw 6 deer. They were not moving. So we gotta make the most of our opportunities. To be fair my buddy messed up on a 9pt and my dad missed a trophy size 8. Good luck Mike hope you are successful this year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back