Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, nice drill press. Too small of foot. Weld a bigger base on.
Looks like the one my friend gave me a few years back. Mine still has the steel table with the attachment places for clamps. I use Ace clamps, but I would love to find an original set. I bet the big steel foot is out there somewhere?

Well the steps through the flower bed are finished. Now I'm thinking of black pipe for a hand rail? Then have to replant all the stuff I ripped out. My landscape plans work on the ten year plan. Plant small, it's perfect by 5-6 years, and pull it out and start over at ten.
qkdLfIV.jpg

ZBk9uY2.jpg

yAbPU1Y.jpg

uDtmMLw.jpg

Thunk I worked harder this past 4 days being off then I have in the 10 days I worked before that. Got the roof 90% done. Just a bit of trim work to do and flashing around the chimney. Kinda a pain, and its raining today so won't do it today. Need to get the truck inspected tonight anyway. Man does my back and knees hurt like crazy today. I'll grab some pics next time I'm up top.

Well the steps through the flower bed are finished. Now I'm thinking of black pipe for a hand rail? Then have to replant all the stuff I ripped out. My landscape plans work on the ten year plan. Plant small, it's perfect by 5-6 years, and pull it out and start over at ten.
qkdLfIV.jpg

ZBk9uY2.jpg

yAbPU1Y.jpg

uDtmMLw.jpg
:numberone:

We are doing good man. Thanks for asking. Hope you and the family are good too.

Its been a busy spring. Im trying to get ALL the projects done that have been laying around the garage and house for years. Made and sold a bench out of that leftover slab of oak in the front yard. Now we are finishing up a nice live edge headboard.

Next is this drill press i think. Got it for free. Just needs a little work.

50c34d7b8811d1d0abcd67302f3a819b.jpg

How have you and the family been Brett?

Sent while firmly grasping my Redline lubed Ram [emoji231]
Doing great here, lots of cutting, not as much scrounging, at least for firewood the last couple weeks. I have my eye on a nice dead standing leaner that should if not finish out the last row in the woodshed it will get me real close.
Used some scrounged locust for a nice foundation to set the chicken coop on. Finished setting the coop on that yesterday and tied the green frame to the legs to strengthen it, everything came out perfectly level.
I like that drill press, what a beast. I have one, its probably half or a third of the size of that one lol.
20210504_193728.jpg

Doing great here, lots of cutting, not as much scrounging, at least for firewood the last couple weeks. I have my eye on a nice dead standing leaner that should if not finish out the last row in the woodshed it will get me real close.
Used some scrounged locust for a nice foundation to set the chicken coop on. Finished setting the coop on that yesterday and tied the green frame to the legs to strengthen it, everything came out perfectly level.
I like that drill press, what a beast. I have one, its probably half or a third of the size of that one lol.
View attachment 905235
Good idea on the BL rounds. As I'm setting up new racks, I always have to level with cinder blocks, etc. I have some short BL logs I could cut as needed.

I’ll probably throw a carb kit into it as time allows. I’m a little short on small saws at the moment that can be bounced around/strapped to the four wheeler etc as I’ve just got my 242 and 439, both of which I’d like to keep in nice condition. So it would be nice to have this one running.

When I got rid of most of my small, non running saws I kept all of Husky and Poulan saws in this family as they are generally good runners and easy to repair.
That's not good, being short on saws :surprised3:. I found another one just like it that was also "super clean", it was $10 or you could buy it and another for $15, need me to call on them :).
Sure a carb kit and a muffler mod will have that beast back to logging again :p. I'm trying to get a guy to keep in touch on a bunch of climbing gear, crazy that people post an ad, you let them know you have cash and will buy it all, but they won't call or communicate consistently :rare2:. I'm just figuring there's a better deal I'm meant to find :happy:.
Finished the tree job up, looks like I was never there lol.
If anyone wants the logs, they are still there :laugh:.
Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 10.17.20 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-05-05 at 10.17.41 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-05-05 at 10.18.27 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-05-05 at 10.19.06 AM.png

Good idea on the BL rounds. As I'm setting up new racks, I always have to level with cider blocks, etc. I have some short BL logs I could cut as needed.
I planted them around 24" deep, frost is 42 here, but being that it's gravel I doubt I'll ever have a problem.
Could have peeled the bark or used dead standing, but I'm sure it will be fine. The coop looks great sitting on them. Today I'm starting on the run.

It's been chicken week around here as well We got 7 barred rocks form the co-op. We ordered and paid for 6 and I did not notice when I put them in the truck tool box I use to start them. I went to Tractor Supply to see if they had SSQA quick attach fittings, no go on that but they had chicks on clearance for $1. They had Cornish game and turkey polts but I am not raising meat birds this year but they had Barred rocks. I had to get 6 of them, 6 is the min you can buy in Ma. The week old chicks took them in no problem. I cleaned out two coops of chicken poop, was I ever glad I had a mask for that! I put all the chicken manure on the garden and I took one coop of birds not laying and put them out there to eat the weeds before I turn it over. Our meat bird hoop house now has the roosters we thought were going to be hens. Memorial day weekend they will be liberated to the yard so we can plant tomatoes in there. 6 years of birds and hay should be perfect soil.

thumbnail.jpg

I planted them around 24" deep, frost is 42 here, but being that it's gravel I doubt I'll ever have a problem.
Could have peeled the bark or used dead standing, but I'm sure it will be fine. The coop looks great sitting on them. Today I'm starting on the run.
are you getting meat birds or layers?

Erection of the community bonfire has commenced. This is probably 1/3 of the core, it's not symmetrical but will even up with more loads. 3 cubes so far. I'll widen the base by another set of rounds and keep it as organised as I can until it reaches a height where I don't want to climb up to place new rounds. Then I'll split bits and chuck them up there by hand. And yes, on the night, I am going to be asking people if they like my large erection.

Bonfire 1.jpg

Daily bonfire updates to come! (sorry)

:)

Back