Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha! I have shut it down about three times now, even put the chimney cap on one time. It's not running now but I expect it might later this week with cool and wet forecast.
If I had one hooked to the water heater, I don't think I'd ever shut it down lol.
Raining on and off here today, but the temps aren't terrible so I may go out and buck up another locust I drug up out of the woods on friday.
I finally put a new clutch in my skidding winch so I wanted to give it a try, so far so good, but I haven't done much with it yet.
I didn't like the way the bearing sounded/felt in the mandrel/shaft that the PTO runs and the chain is older, so I may replace those sometime soon too.

Screen Shot 2021-05-01 at 8.15.54 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-01 at 8.16.19 AM.png

Looks "SUPER CLEAN" lol.
Hows it run.
It doesn't run great....not sure if the carb is still stiff from sitting or what. Will play more with tuning next weekend.

The saw is not even used enough to be broken in. I am wondering if it had a bad oiler from the factory and thats why it was shelved.

After the pic I converted it to 3/8LP and 16" bar. 20" .325 is too much for a 46cc saw anyhow.

Had a guy stop Saturday for some wood. He had a home made lift assist. Vinyl covered clothes line wire, and some garage door springs inside a piece of plastic conduit. He lifted his ramp with 1 hand. Said he saw how to make it on YouTube.
I've seen the youtube ones, not much different from the store bought ones. Mine were $199 at TSC. I asked if they would price match Walmart and they said yes, so I got them for $159. At $159 I figured id have the proper type of stranded cable and such, and not be too much more money into it. The only problem is, the set on top of the side rail, I have standards and side boards. I had to order two pieces of 2X2 angle, 6 ft long, to bolt to the side of the standard rail so they mount outside of the side boards. They won't be ready till noon tomorrow.

It doesn't run great....not sure if the carb is still stiff from sitting or what. Will play more with tuning next weekend.

The saw is not even used enough to be broken in. I am wondering if it had a bad oiler from the factory and thats why it was shelved.

After the pic I converted it to 3/8LP and 16" bar. 20" .325 is too much for a 46cc saw anyhow.
I wouldn't doubt it needing a carb kit, it sat here for a couple yrs, not sure how long it sat at his place, and he probably ran ethanol fuel in it too.
I don't know about the oiler, I don't even remember him telling me what was wrong with it, he just new I was into saws. So he brought me a poulan lol.
Should do fine with a 16x3/8.

I cut up the BL I pulled up from the woods with the ms261.
Only one more row and a little bit more, then I'll have the woodshed fully loaded :happy:.
Planted a couple pieces of BL into the ground for the legs of the chicken coop to set on, two more to go. Once the coop is back on them I'll be fencing in a run, no more free range/woods chickens lol.

Major street cred points for the lattice board headache rack! :numberone:
:bowdown:
Haha, I love it too! I assume the guy's driving a new pickup cuz he knows where to pinch the pennies.
The lumber/boards were here on the farm when we bought the place. $14 for the lattice and a hand full of deck screws. This one is $215 online so I figure i have $200 to spend on saw stuff and beer. :happy:
1620117237874.png

On my way over now!
Not :lol:.
The wife and kids just ran down your way last week, since I picked up this job and the weather was great for cutting I stuck around.
Just fixed a 28" chain I have on my ported 372xt(hit a rock), it took a while. Also I did a 20" EXL, which is hard as heck on the ported ms261, just a touch up though. I need to put more new files in the excursion :yes:.
Hope you're doing well.

We are doing good man. Thanks for asking. Hope you and the family are good too.

Its been a busy spring. Im trying to get ALL the projects done that have been laying around the garage and house for years. Made and sold a bench out of that leftover slab of oak in the front yard. Now we are finishing up a nice live edge headboard.

Next is this drill press i think. Got it for free. Just needs a little work.

50c34d7b8811d1d0abcd67302f3a819b.jpg

How have you and the family been Brett?

Sent while firmly grasping my Redline lubed Ram [emoji231]

We are doing good man. Thanks for asking. Hope you and the family are good too.

Its been a busy spring. I trying to get ALL the projects done that have been laying around the garage and house for years. Made and sold a bench out of that leftover slab of oak in the front yard. Now we are finishing up a nice live edge headboard.

Next is this drill press i think. Got it for free. Just needs a little work.

50c34d7b8811d1d0abcd67302f3a819b.jpg

How have you and the family been Brett?

Sent while firmly grasping my Redline lubed Ram [emoji231]
Wow, nice drill press. Too small of foot. Weld a bigger base on.

I wouldn't doubt it needing a carb kit, it sat here for a couple yrs, not sure how long it sat at his place, and he probably ran ethanol fuel in it too.
I don't know about the oiler, I don't even remember him telling me what was wrong with it, he just new I was into saws. So he brought me a poulan lol.
Should do fine with a 16x3/8.

I cut up the BL I pulled up from the woods with the ms261.
Only one more row and a little bit more, then I'll have the woodshed fully loaded :happy:.
Planted a couple pieces of BL into the ground for the legs of the chicken coop to set on, two more to go. Once the coop is back on them I'll be fencing in a run, no more free range/woods chickens lol.
I’ll probably throw a carb kit into it as time allows. I’m a little short on small saws at the moment that can be bounced around/strapped to the four wheeler etc as I’ve just got my 242 and 439, both of which I’d like to keep in nice condition. So it would be nice to have this one running.

When I got rid of most of my small, non running saws I kept all of Husky and Poulan saws in this family as they are generally good runners and easy to repair.

Finally got the log grapple plumbed in wired and working. The grapple came with SSQA quick attach and the 3rd valve had agriculture quick attach. So I ordered fittings for the 3rd function valve kit. NowTractor wGrapple 050421.jpg I can drag the big rounds down and noodle it up

Latest posts

Back