Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The dry rub pork ribs from Costco are awesome. Wrap in foil and bake for 3.5 hours.

I don't know if I am a prepper or a horder or just odd but I am still using from a bale of TP I bought at Costco about 20 or more years ago. Still have several more bales in the stash. Same for paper towels. It really bugs my housekeeper that I am using from bales hat cost somewhere in the mid teens.

20171123_112433.jpg
The dry rub pork ribs from Costco are awesome. Wrap in foil and bake for 3.5 hours.
Mine come from the guy down the street. I pick it he slaughters it I get all the pork I need for a few months for a few months I only wrap an hour or two before finished 90 % of the poultry and meats are grown locally . Forgot the ribs20200224_182939.jpg 20181003_183204.jpg 20181122_110410.jpg

Since 2000. I help out the New Paltz brewery from time to time.

All grain brewer since 2004

Very good! I've been going hard at it for almost 10 years, All-Grain since 2012. Both 5 gallon and 10 gallon rigs. Dual fermentation chambers, plus a 4 Tap kegerator. A lot of guys in my club have some pretty awesome rigs with pumps, PIDs, and automation, but mine is still gravity based and as simple as possible. Less stuff to clean, no what I mean? Ha ha, cheers!

Not really. Mine is a single tier sculpture with dual March pumps. Have the plate chiller the logering fridge and a 8 cft chest freezer converted to a keezer with s love controller. I pump the wort after cooling from outside with 22 ft of silicone 5/8 thick wall tubing to the fermenter. The fermenter stays in a cooling bath of water at 64° . It's a lot of clean up . And the 40 plus corny kegs my wife puts up with a lot.20180723_173826.jpg 20190109_133754.jpg 20180908_151839.jpg

Not really. Mine is a single tier sculpture with dual March pumps. Have the plate chiller the logering fridge and a 8 cft chest freezer converded to a keezer with s love controller. I pump the wort after cooling from outside with 22 ft of silicone 5/8 thick wall tubing to the fermenter. The fermenter stays in a cooling bath of water at 64° . It's a lot of clean up . And the 40 plus corny kegs my wife puts up with a lot.View attachment 803322 View attachment 803323 View attachment 803324

I just use a two vessel system, batch sparge or BIAB/MIAB depending on batch size, no pumps anymore. Wort is chilled via 25' or 50' immersion chillers from my well, in the summertime the temp controlled dual chest freezers bring the wort down to pitching temps in an hour or two if ground water too warm. On a good day I can knock out two back-to-back 5 gallons batches in about 5.5 hours, or a single 10 gallon batch in about 4.5 hours including cleanup. As homebrewers, we clean enough as it is, the less equipment I have to clean the better. Plus it gives me more time to BS and drink beer! It works well for me, and I've even got a few blue ribbons to prove it ;)

I used to have about 25 corny kegs but started selling or donating them as it is just far too many to have, most never get used. I'm down to about 14 now, some I use over at my FIL's house, have a two-tap system over there for him and try to keep him in beer at all times. I can regularly serve four at a time at my place, or if I'm not fermenting anything, the ferm chambers can serve double duty as auxiliary refrigerators to cold store other kegs to serve if I have them. Most I've had on tap at one time was 8 beers at a party we threw a few years ago. I have about 20 or so carboys and fermentation vessels as it is for long term aging (have a vast aged sour program) - and I'm not a fan of long term aging in kegs anyway. A lot of what I came into was inexpensive, so I try to give back to my club or help out an aspiring brewer who is just starting out.

I don't know if I am a prepper or a horder or just odd but I am still using from a bale of TP I bought at Costco about 20 or more years ago. Still have several more bales in the stash. Same for paper towels. It really bugs my housekeeper that I am using from bales hat cost somewhere in the mid teens.
Call it what they want, my basement looks like some of the places on American pickers.
Wife did manage to source a couple more bales and grabbed up a few more things we needed to restock, easy to do a month on what's here. If we needed more and it was hard to get something at the store, I'd buy a fishing hunting license and we'd be set off the woods and the river.

We get day old ribs at the local BBQ joint that's a mile from the house as the crow flies, hard to make your own at $10 each, and they're all smoked on wood :sweet:. I can make some good ribs, but why :happy:.
I made these for a cook off 2 yrs ago.
Screen Shot 2020-03-03 at 6.31.42 PM.png

15 filled to the brim . Others about 1/2 to 2/3 . So about 100 gallons to process. Warm but going to rain set up my instant canapy View attachment 803234

Can you make alcohol out of maple syrup.....[emoji848]. I mean. They make rum out of sugar...

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Thanks, made by a gal in Holland, MI.
Decided not to get the saw, it was pretty rough.
Welcome. Really, been there once or twice, it's only about 50 min from our house. Many yrs ago I drove out of there to Chicago every night, it was a nice gig until the wanted me to be in Chicago at 4-5pm :eek:. I told them they needed to find another driver, even at 22 I knew that wasn't a goo thing for my stress level.
Bummer the saw wasn't too nice.

I'm so glad I bought this commercial canopy. It's an impact brand just had a heavy down pour and it shrugged it off. I got tired of replacing the walmart crap every year or so. Have had it three now and it gets lots of use.

What exactly is it? This?

https://impactcanopy.com/us/

I put up this thing over our porch two summers ago. It stayed out even when we had 80mph winds. Very impressed with the material. Not a single tear or defect in it yet.

4x4’s bolted to the side of the porch and then concreted in the ground with boat winches on the post to tighten the canopy.

99e4825b7a6a299749b9f92c6993c459.plist

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Chipper, my son was over the bridge on the weekend to pick up some Harley parts, a motor for his Tahoe, a vintage 3 wheeler in parts and this kitty that followed him home. He buys stuff on Craigslist and some other buy and sell sites. He brought home a big parts washer a few weeks ago. I think he gets it from his Mother.

Attachments

• 20200301_155559.jpg
    20200301_155559.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 23
  • 20200221_161217.jpg
    20200221_161217.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 23
Back