Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chipper, my son was over the bridge on the weekend to pick up some Harley parts, a motor for his Tahoe, a vintage 3 wheeler in parts and this kitty that followed him home. He buys stuff on Craigslist and some other buy and sell sites. He brought home a big parts washer a few weeks ago. I think he gets it from his Mother.
The kids seem to be liking it :rock:.
Probably gonna be lots of deals on sleds(snow machines) this spring, we've had so little snow they didn't get used much down here.
Too bad he didn't swing by :drinkingcoffee:.
Sure it's his mom :laugh:.

For the next month and a half, every day is like Friday!!!
Been there . I'm 61 this April. Been retired from my second career since 2010 . Get a pension from both havnt touch my savings or 401k . And I get SS next year . What really sucks is quarterly taxes.

Can you make alcohol out of maple syrup.....[emoji848]. I mean. They make rum out of sugar...

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]
Yes you can but you can make alcohol out if any sugar . Mayple syrup is to much work to make it into alchohol. Simple mash of corn and cane sugar is all ya need

What exactly is it? This?

https://impactcanopy.com/us/

I put up this thing over our porch two summers ago. It stayed out even when we had 80mph winds. Very impressed with the material. Not a single tear or defect in it yet.

4x4’s bolted to the side of the porch and then concreted in the ground with boat winches on the post to tighten the canopy.

99e4825b7a6a299749b9f92c6993c459.plist

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]
Yup . It's great portable canopy heavy . Came with four zippered side wall . Stayed in Carlisle last fall got down to low 30s . Had a small propane tent heater and a couple if sleeping bags. Stayed super warm . Even had a lightning storm never moved . Plenty of other cover it's were in the trash that morning

I just use a two vessel system, batch sparge or BIAB/MIAB depending on batch size, no pumps anymore. Wort is chilled via 25' or 50' immersion chillers from my well, in the summertime the temp controlled dual chest freezers bring the wort down to pitching temps in an hour or two if ground water too warm. On a good day I can knock out two back-to-back 5 gallons batches in about 5.5 hours, or a single 10 gallon batch in about 4.5 hours including cleanup. As homebrewers, we clean enough as it is, the less equipment I have to clean the better. Plus it gives me more time to BS and drink beer! It works well for me, and I've even got a few blue ribbons to prove it ;)

I used to have about 25 corny kegs but started selling or donating them as it is just far too many to have, most never get used. I'm down to about 14 now, some I use over at my FIL's house, have a two-tap system over there for him and try to keep him in beer at all times. I can regularly serve four at a time at my place, or if I'm not fermenting anything, the ferm chambers can serve double duty as auxiliary refrigerators to cold store other kegs to serve if I have them. Most I've had on tap at one time was 8 beers at a party we threw a few years ago. I have about 20 or so carboys and fermentation vessels as it is for long term aging (have a vast aged sour program) - and I'm not a fan of long term aging in kegs anyway. A lot of what I came into was inexpensive, so I try to give back to my club or help out an aspiring brewer who is just starting out.
Boil in a bag is a great tool for brewing

For the next month and a half, every day is like Friday!!!

Boss lady told me to mail you some stuff and get the ball rolling

Hey @SS396driver, Saturday was skating up on 209, passed the New Paltz Brewery. Heard you also steered SVK in the right direction on his 7.4.

Wife asked if we needed anything from Costco when she was there, I said get more TP, their out:crazy2:.
I said grab a package of paper towels and we'll check another store later.
Kids are gonna be on a TP restriction! :).

Wally world was getting low the other day, I was able to grab a few extra packs. Seems everyone starting to freak out about the coronavirus.
3DFF4F26-DF53-4CDD-A4D6-F5F07B1A678F.jpeg

Got a few things in the mail. Parts to turn my cousins straight gassed 290 to a 390 and some bars for me.
View attachment 803319 View attachment 803320

Nice!!

I’m trying to grab a parts 310 from a guy up in Michigan. Looks like it’s pretty bare, but the piston and cylinder look to be in good condition. He’s got it listed for 50 bucks, and I’m trying to get them to ship it. If That doesn’t work out, I guess I’ll wait for the kit that I want to come in stock at Saw Salvage.

Shipped from US. Ordered Friday delivered Monday.
May want to wait a couple more days, but it should be okay lol.
I’d still hose everything down with Lysol
I do that with stuff from Ohio :laughing:.
Good thing is my wife had been here for a while, figured she'd be okay :laugh:.

Wally world was getting low the other day, I was able to grab a few extra packs. Seems everyone starting to freak out about the coronavirus.
View attachment 803392
Yep, once the commander said something I thing many folks woke up, and TP was the first thing on the list, hand sanitizer was second.
Wonder if they got anything else?
Nice!!

I’m trying to grab a parts 310 from a guy up in Michigan. Looks like it’s pretty bare, but the piston and cylinder look to be in good condition. He’s got it listed for 50 bucks, and I’m trying to get them to ship it. If That doesn’t work out, I guess I’ll wait for the kit that I want to come in stock at Saw Salvage.
Where is it, theres a good number of guys up here who could probably help out.

Latest posts

Back