Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got this from my brother-in-law's place. It's what I cut over the last couple of weekends. He has a friend who took the rest which was most of the maple and locust, with a seasoning of oak limbs.

What I got is mostly oak. His friend has a small dump truck (landscaper), single axle dual tire... you know the type. This is a total of 3 loads. What do you guys think, 3-4 cords?

... and here is my little guy learning the value of a hydraulic log splitter. It's not work for him because he doesn't NEED to do it, so he has fun. BUT, come heating season, he also understands the work that goes into making the tree into firewood and he is proud to have been a part of that.
View attachment 817674
That pic with the boy is awesome :rock:.
Nice load, I'd say around 2.5-3 cord.

@dancan spruce alert in that 1st pic? lol.

Finally got my truck today that I won through silent auction in March. The city wouldn’t sell it to me until the license bureau reopened today. It needs a good cleaning and new shocks otherwise ready to roll. Even has an unused original spare.

The light and backrack will be coming off as I want a headache rack with a screen so I can’t throw firewood through it.
73AC8403-D202-4246-940F-EFB67FC04B06.jpegF54083BF-3354-40CC-946D-EB36948BAAF1.jpeg3E4DC480-6ABD-4258-8533-3953E9B70A11.jpeg

Nice community service work! Look at those snags in the background too, they must have had a fly by night tree service do the falling then bailed before the heavy work started!
Dumba$$ people around here have their maple trees trimmed all the time. After a few years they start to die and rot. I'm trimming some now. RIGHT ABOVE THE DIRT LINE!!!!

A lot of people cut all their wood with a saw equal to or less than a 261. I cut 30 cord with a poulan 5020 including felling a couple 30" trees all using vanguard safety chain, until I googled how to sharpen a chain and got sucked down the arboristsite rabbit hole..... And that's when my main saw became a limbing saw!

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Gathering another wagon load of fir. Don't ever buy a camo 4-wheeler, sometimes I can't find where I parked it.
View attachment 817874View attachment 817876
I had my new F150 in the shop, they gave me an identical White F150 loaner. I came out of the hardware store and walked all over the lot looking for my White loaner. Finally, I remembered I turned the loaner in, and my Magma Red truck was 2 cars away. Sometimes you don't need camo not to see something.

Compared to my 32cc Makita it's huge lol
Your 32CC Makita is huge next to my last new to me saw. One of the guys at Ace, our local Echo dealer, sold me his 280E because it was too heavy. It's a whopping 27.9CC's. For a little one handed top handle saw, it is heavy.

Had a good workout today. Wagon wheel broke off on the first wagon full. Carried all these heavy oaks by hand[emoji23]. Had to save the big pieces that I noodled yesterday for when I get a new wheel.

Wish me luck about to take over 9000 pounds through soft spot[emoji51][emoji51]

5ce348d561740cdb11ebb3d75edf6795.plist

334306e6f483bf51e443199447769a66.jpg

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]
I have the metal basket version of that wagon from TSC.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Gorilla-Ca...-FcvWayMLtW7Y-ONJQ45p0-3qiMSub-RoCnDAQAvD_BwE

Finally got my truck today that I won through silent auction in March. The city wouldn’t sell it to me until the license bureau reopened today. It needs a good cleaning and new shocks otherwise ready to roll. Even has an unused original spare.

The light and backrack will be coming off as I want a headache rack with a screen so I can’t throw firewood through it.
View attachment 817953View attachment 817954View attachment 817955
Score!!

Not bad, for a Chebby.

Latest posts

Back