Smaller bar for Craftsman Pro Series?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Softdraw

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I cannot find much information about the black and yellow Craftsman Pro Series chainsaws, but I would like to find an 18 inch bar and chain rather than use the original 20 inch bar on it now. It looks like Husky made these saws, and this one specs out to the Husqvarna 445. Is it safe to use a bar made for the 445 on the Sears, or are there other considerations to include?

spin_prod_1047284312

18 inch 72 drive links 050 guage .325 pitch if its that saw. I have one and it says husqvarna on the metal tag

Put up the Craftsman model numbers, so we can see what you have.
The posted photo is my saw--Craftsman Pro Series 20 inch 45.7 cc gas chainsaw, model number 358382000. Husqvarna made it for Craftsman. It runswell but I think a shorter bar might improve it a bit. I am not well versed in saws, but I read that I cant just grab an 18" bar and stick it on there. The pitch, etc., should match, and I should be careful the chain fits the sprocket (I think). That's where I am: could I simply find an equivalent Husky saw bar and chain and use that since both are made by Husky?

I don't know. I'd rather avoid having my chain flying around when I am cutting.

Just check the guage and pitch on your present bar, that will give you a cross reference point. If i get a chance i will get the specs off mine.

Just check the guage and pitch on your present bar, that will give you a cross reference point. If i get a chance i will get the specs off mine.

Thank you. The manual shows .325 pitch and .050 gauge with 80 drive links. So I should be fine with an 18 inch bar and those specs, minus a few drive links (like the 72 you suggested?)

Thank you. The manual shows .325 pitch and .050 gauge with 80 drive links. So I should be fine with an 18 inch bar and those specs, minus a few drive links (like the 72 you suggested?)
You also need to know/quote the bar mount Ko41 ? as quoted in an earlier post should be stamped on the bar GB bars like the Orange ones are available in the US Left Coast used/may be still sell them.

Back