• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Stihl 029 Super piston and cylinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ask because I think I have one but not sure if it's an 029 or 029 Super. I do know I have a usable 029S cylinder (and any other size in that series) but pistons would have to be acquired for them. (aftermarket from China about $12-$15)
Let me know and I'll look in the shop to see if I have a complete cylinder/piston set for the 029S but our power is off so it will have to wait until it comes back on as I don't have any windows.

Checked the shop and I have a cyl and piston. I'll send you a pm.
$25 plus shipping for the cylinder, piston, piston pin, rings and circlips.

I was under the impression that the super was 47mm, the cylinder i have is a bit worse than this one and has a different label. There is a 46 on it so im guessing that I am wrong about the size of the super?

Stihl oh29 owners manual says the super 029 was a 46mm bore. I have a bunch in boxes, same jug as a ms290 although the guy above gave you a great price. Everybody is changing them out for a 039 cylinder, 49mm bore. If you want more power buy a quality o39 top end kit.... Mako... weedeaterman.com, a site sponsor has them.

029 = 45mm
029s & 290 = 46mm
310 = 47mm
039-390 = 49mm

All fit the same chassis and no carb swap/mods needed. Muff mod and limiter cap removal desirable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 47mm cylinders too. (but no real nice pistons). OP asked for 029 Super so that's what I posted. Anyone else want it? Otherwise I may build it up. I have more engine parts than saw bodies right now. I have a pile of 029 cylinders too (45mm). I just don't repair those. If someone wants cylinders to practice porting on, that would be an inexpensive option.

I was under the impression that the super was 47mm, the cylinder i have is a bit worse than this one and has a different label. There is a 46 on it so im guessing that I am wrong about the size of the super?
The 029 cylinder will say 029 on the side. The 029 Super will have 029 on the side but also 46 indicating it's the 46mm cylinder. The MS290 cylinders are exactly the same as the 029 Super. The MS310 cylinder will have a 47 on the side and a 49 will be on cylinders from the 039 and MS390 which also share the exact same cylinder. There are very few changes (other than piston cylinder size) between any of the 1127 series saws. The MS has the flippy caps and the orange plastics have a different profile. You can switch the plastics between the series but can't mix and match.

How much for a used 47mm jug? I can just order a new meteor to put in it. I've been a bit slow, because I am trying to figure out if the jug I have is usable. Lots of sanding to get down to the plating, I wish the aluminum transfer would flake off vs sanding it all off.

I'd have to look to see what I have. Probably $10 plus shipping would work for me. It would just be a bare cylinder. I'll wait until I know whether you want one or not before I scrounge through my pile but I probably have a couple of them that would clean up. What do you have that you're working on?

It's an older 029 super. I don't want to upgrade to the 49mm, but I would upgrade at that price. I have to buy a piston, not sure if the jug is any good still...hand sanding it.

Back