stihl 034 to 036 vent issue

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nstueve

Makita Freak!
Reaction score
I'm just trying to figure a way around the tall tank vent issue... Looked through some threads but all i could find was threads about tank vent issues unrelated to my problem...

I've got two older 034 cases... Just put a 036pro P&C on, and have 036 pro covers and AF too. My problem is that I have the tall tank vent which doesn't allow me to put the pro AF and AF-cover on.

Has anyone else just put a piece of flexible hose on for a tank vent? I know the tank needs to draw air in and needs to keep the gas from leaking out so maybe use a screw in the hose... Anyone have a better solution? maybe a vented gas cap (i have the older non-flippy style gas caps).

You need the tank vent off an 064.

1122 353 9100 Vent Connector
1120 358 8105 Vent Insert 2ea
1117 350 5800 Hose

Tony Rumore

Stihl036TankVent-1.jpg

Last edited:
thanks guys! EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED! Special thanks to Tony!

I assume 2ea means I need to use 2 inserts??
Also assuming I could use tygo fuel line instead of the hose number listed???

Last edited:
called the dealer and have 3 vent connectors and 6 grub screws on the way with my other 036pro parts. Should have her all together this weekend! My last goal is to have my 076 done before the Iowa GTG!

THanks guys!

Ok. Well it leaks, so I guess I just need a new one. I just read this and it just looked like a better setup than what is on it now.

I think this is what you're looking for. This pic shows the part that slides over the stone looking piece. P/N: 1121 350 5802

ebay2.JPG

Latest posts

Back