• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 044 K&S Slantfin Cylinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quattro90

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Stihl 044 K&S Slantfin Cylinder in great condition. $100 shipped in continental US except those in PST or International (will provide exact price shipping quote.)

Just PM for any questions. Cheers!
IMG_20180623_102159.jpg IMG_20180623_102218.jpg IMG_20180623_102226.jpg IMG_20180623_102248.jpg IMG_20180623_102301.jpg

Will this fit a 10 or 12mm 044? Or both?
cylinder will fit both models the 10/12mm is in reference to the size of the piston wrist pin I believe the cylinder originally came from a 10mm saw the k@s cylinders are the more ( sought after ) design this one has (A) stamped in the center ...some have the A+++ etc.

cylinder will fit both models the 10/12mm is in reference to the size of the piston wrist pin I believe the cylinder originally came from a 10mm saw the k@s cylinders are the more ( sought after ) design this one has (A) stamped in the center ...some have the A+++ etc.
I like the "A", I was never much of an overachiever :laugh:.

I got a “B” on this basket case :laugh: hoping to get it up to at least a D+
C's and b's mostly, I never did homework.
I was a little upset when my wife said that they only give 10% of the total grade for homework, it was 20% when I was in school :nofunny:.
I could have had b's and a's :sucks:.
Hopefully you get an A on it when it's finished :numberone:.

I went to school everyday (and drank in the woods) then I attended 5 years of college (drinking & chasing girlies in the dorms) and all I got out of that was a GED. I blame the system

Stock, is a slant fin better than the straight fin? I a 12mm straight fin for junk parts I found and it runs awesome. I built a 12mm slant fin 044 and I haven’t run it yet. Will there be a noticeable difference between the two, both are stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stock, is a slant fin better than the straight fin? I a 12mm straight fin for junk parts I found and it runs awesome. I built a 12mm slant fin 044 and I haven’t run it yet. Will there be a noticeable difference between the two, both are stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess only certain parts will swap between a 10 & 12.. there’s info in other forums on the subject and the Pro 044 builds can explain better.

12mm stronger bottom end? 10mm seems to be more sought after? 1 jug would fit both, 1 won’t? There are 5 floating around that contain golden gaskets.. Find 1 of those and you inherit Andreas’ Stihl factory :pingpong:

Back