• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 056 project saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honest John

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I bought this yesterday,but I think it might be more project than I want to take on. Tons of compression, no spark. Missing air filter and cover. I'm not sure the screws are correct on the recoil, and the recoil is missing pieces too. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg I think I have a good idea of what this would go for on ebay. I thought I would gauge interest here first, make an offer or always looking for interesting trades.

Yes, it's possible it's a mag. I doubt it though. I haven't measured the piston size and I haven't disassembled it at all. I'd like to get $150 plus shipping for it, and I do have a 28" bar and chain for it to that could be negotiated for.

I'm way too deep in projects right now, and this saw just doesn't do anything for me.

I'd like to think that's the "I don't want to mess with it" price.

As far as trades go.... 50cc and 60cc project saws are always nice. Older dolmars are cool, maybe something green and poulan. Or big and yellow poulan.

If no ones interested here, It'll go on ebay.

John

From the looks of the big space on the decal it's a mag2. If you can confirm that it is a mag i'd take it off your hands. I have a mag 2 right now and it's a damn good running saw that i'd put against most newer models. Let me know for sure what it is, got a soft spot for these old chunks of aluminum.

From the looks of the big space on the decal it's a mag2. If you can confirm that it is a mag i'd take it off your hands. I have a mag 2 right now and it's a damn good running saw that i'd put against most newer models. Let me know for sure what it is, got a soft spot for these old chunks of aluminum.
That's what I was thinking looking at the tag. 2nd in line if it's a mag.

Guys 2nd pic shows dual ex port at cyl and rivet holes from deflector,that with gap on tag says Mag. The Super also had extra ex port but the black Super on the tag did not fade like the orange Mag did. I have 4 Mags and 5 Supers projects, I vote Magnum ! Ken

Well as of now I haven't received any firm offers on it. If anyone wants to take a chance on it, it's still available. I don't need the money , do if anyone has cool trades I'd be up for that too.

Back