• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Trade Stihl 088 OR Husky 394XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cas101326

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a Stihl 088 I recently acquired in some trading. I got the saw, put gas in it and it fired right up. Compression was between 145 and 150. I also have a Husqvarna 394xp that I have had for awhile, but never have got around to doing anything to it. It’s only got about 90 psi but will hit act like it wants to crank if you pull on it a bit. I would like to trade one of these two saws for something smaller that I would use more. I’m looking for a dolmar 7100-7900 (or equivalent), husqvarna 372 (or equivalent) or a nice Husqvarna 346 (or equivalent) I will get pictures of both saws tomorrow just as soon as possible. Thanks

I'm interested in this trade, like to see pictures of the 088
I've got a couple of 346's, one ported, one NIB ...........
Ported is an OE and has a NE top end
The NIB one is OE and never taken outta the box

Lemme know which one youd be more interested in

I might be interested in that 088 if he isnt. Might have an 044 to trade or maybe one of my 064s but thats a big maybe. Do have a good condition ms261.

I have a Stihl 088 I recently acquired in some trading. I got the saw, put gas in it and it fired right up. Compression was between 145 and 150. I also have a Husqvarna 394xp that I have had for awhile, but never have got around to doing anything to it. It’s only got about 90 psi but will hit act like it wants to crank if you pull on it a bit. I would like to trade one of these two saws for something smaller that I would use more. I’m looking for a dolmar 7100-7900 (or equivalent), husqvarna 372 (or equivalent) or a nice Husqvarna 346 (or equivalent) I will get pictures of both saws tomorrow just as soon as possible. Thanks
I have a nice Stihl 026, cleaned, rebuilt, 18" new raisman bar and new chain. Also almost finished a nice Stihl MS260 pro, easy starter, runs strong, 18" bar if your interested.

I'm interested in this trade, like to see pictures of the 088
I've got a couple of 346's, one ported, one NIB ...........
Ported is an OE and has a NE top end
The NIB one is OE and never taken outta the box

Lemme know which one youd be more interested in

I’d like to trade for the NIB saw. Just pm me details on address and when you can ship and we’ll get it wrapped up and on the way

Just wanted to let you know, the 088 was delivered today, as agreed.

It’s used, needs a few things, but I’ve seen worse.

I’m working tonight into Saturday morning, so Saturday late morning, I’ll send the unopened NIB 346 OE with a used Hardline tach (has 12 hours on tach) and enough skinny zip ties to install it.

Thank you @Cas101326

Happy to see it has arrived !!!
You actually opened it, I'm excited to see it run !!
Black latches look great !
My other one has red latches

My ported 346 did pretty well at the CT GTG in the 50cc class.
I had no idea that she was being limited in power with a shortage of fuel, untill the Conn GTG
Did some carb work on Sunday, and she is a whole new animal now !!

Twas a pleasure to have been involved with this deal, thank you for trusting me and sending yours first.
I hope that now you see why I wasnt going to send that NIB sealed 346oe anywhere untill I had your saw.
Looking at that 346 out of the box is like going back in time ............. she looks absolutely perfect, except for the fingerprints :D

I'll put up some pictures of how I mounted my tach ............. mayhaps you will get a few ideas and install yours how you see fit.

image.jpg image.jpg Sounds good! It was defiantly a pleasure doing business with you. And just for the record, it’s a 346xp ne. I know I had asked, and it wasn’t marked on the box so I guess there was no way to know till it was opened, but I was a bit surprised! I’ve heard great things about both so I’m just anxious to get a bar on it and get it cutting

Back