Stihl 2n1 Laser???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjnspecial

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Anyone ever heard of this??

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9fTS4NmU4QU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

that is for dumbazz city slickers that think they have to make each cut square :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Nope. Never heard of it. I have made gags about lasers and GPS guided computercontrolled yuppie saws, but never thought anyone would actually do it. LOL!!!

It's actually quite brilliant, even if it is disgusting.;)

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Interesting. I'll bet the GOL people will require it in all their classes. It fits right in to their "if you do this, the tree will do that" mentality.

Really, what does it do? It shows the lay you're gunning for. And that's all it does. The gunning sights on your saw already do that.

Just another toy for the the week-end warriors.

I think its an excellent money maker for Stihl .............. that said, I don't want one. Its great for previously stated weekend warriors that would actually take the time to reposition the laser for the two face cuts and then again for the back cut. I don't see any production minded soul using it though. Thats my opinion on using it for dropping a tree.

Now that cut to length idea, uh, that won't work, unless you are holding the saw really level and there isn't any swell or crooks in the tree, but again, weekend warriors, buy everyone one you can get.

I would also have to reposition my mini tachs and I don't want to do that, LOL.

Sam

One thing I noticed...that little saw with the laser was running and cutting all by itself. No human involved. Now if that little laser thingy will run that saw, hell, I'll order half a dozen of them...and just sit in the crummy all day and read magazines. When they're done we can all go home.:laugh:

One thing I noticed...that little saw with the laser was running and cutting all by itself. No human involved. Now if that little laser thingy will run that saw, hell, I'll order half a dozen of them...and just sit in the crummy all day and read magazines. When they're done we can all go home.:laugh:

Wait til they all want to join a union :laugh:

Do not look directly at saw's laser.

Do not point saw's laser at other people's eyes.

Do not point saw's laser at animal's eys.

Before cutting down tree make sure no aircraft are in saw's laser targeting zone, unless it is a space gerbilz' solor flair powered forward attack drone. If it is an SGSFPFAD, please notify Pakistan immediatly using the Paula Dean hates fat diabetics hotline, wear gloves before dialing, might be butter.

You may point lasers at zombies until further notice. Zombies love lasers, and possibly butter.

Just had a "How bad can bubba mess this up" epiphany.

Lasers attached to chainsaws on foggy mornings=Darth Vader vs Obi wan light saber battles...here, hold my beer.

Another.
Ya know how folks torture thier dog with the laser dot? Yep. That one is even less pretty, and somebody needs to warn Avalancher before he gets one of the dang things, and ends up posting another epic tale from the hospital bed.

The future of this gizzie holds promise of unsurpassed hillarity, and carnage.
I like it!:hmm3grin2orange:

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Ya kidding me,,, if ya dunna have the know how to drop a trunk, stay the hell away. No fangle gizzmo gonna teach or help ya its just a accident in the making for a boffin newbie.

Friggin things still got flippity cap,s old codger rant over

Now that cut to length idea, uh, that won't work, unless you are holding the saw really level and there isn't any swell or crooks in the tree, but again, weekend warriors, buy everyone one you can get.

I would also have to reposition my mini tachs and I don't want to do that, LOL.

Sam

gday sam now lets see mini tachs ,laser, spirit level , ballistic drop compensator so they no how far the tree will fall down the hill , and a stop watch to time the cuts man it's starting to look like a indian taxi gunna need a trolley to move it around coz it's too darn heavy. :cheers:

Where's Troll.

That Laser thang is sure to even out the sideways balance of the inboard clutch, and possibly make a 346XP dangerous.

Think ya need a kick stand for your 346? Put the laser on it and the saw will "Roll over" like a good schnauser!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

It's a real thing here's a quote from a Sept 2011 press release.

The STIHL Laser 2-in-1 provides chain saw users with a practical aid which – mounted
to the saw’s handlebar – helps determine the direction of fall more accurately when felling
and simplifies measuring log lengths when cutting fuelwood.

Simplifies measuring log lengths.

It's a real thing here's a quote from a Sept 2011 press release.

The STIHL Laser 2-in-1 provides chain saw users with a practical aid which – mounted
to the saw’s handlebar – helps determine the direction of fall more accurately when felling
and simplifies measuring log lengths when cutting fuelwood.

How does it do this?

It appears it simplifies measuring length by triginometry. You have to measure the first length you want and set the laser till it points at the end of the log and the down angle is set at that point then make a cut or mark. Move down the log and when the laser touches the cut or mark you just made then the length is the same as the first cut. Make a mark or cut and repeat. Imagine the log is the base or a right triangle, the laser line is the hypotenuse side of the triange.

Steve

Back