Stihl MS440, Last Serial Number

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trigger-Time

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Anyone happen to know what the last serial number is (or will be)
for the last 440 off the assembly line?

Bought a 440 today, MD 0611...........just curious :)

Last edited:
440's

:cry: :cry: :cry: That will be a sad day for us:cry: :cry: :cry:

+1. A very good, proven, reliable saw will be discontinued (laid to reast) that day. The day they do that I will not be a happy camper. The same thing with the 460. I wish I had about $5,000, I'd go buy a whole bunch of them for future years.:( :greenchainsaw: Hey look 500 posts! I'm an MVP now!

Last edited:
Going to gap my saws out some........Going to sell the 361 and 460.
Will list them here on the classifieds in a day or two.

+1. A very good, proven, reliable saw will be discontinued (laid to reast) that day. The day they do that I will not be a happy camper. The same thing with the 460. I wish I had about $5,000, I'd go buy a whole bunch of them for future years.:( :greenchainsaw: Hey look 500 posts! I'm an MVP now!

Me 2 on the $5000, I would buy 2 440s, 1 460, and 1 660. I would also keep them in my house, right next to the bed:heart:

+1

yep I love mine,,, congrats on MVP status and 500 post!!!!! :chainsawguy: :blob2:

Going to gap my saws out some........Going to sell the 361 and 460.
Will list them here on the classifieds in a day or two.

Can't decide what saws to take to the woods.......So
I'm going to narrow my choices. My plan is for now anyway
sell 361,460 and 660 (would also sell 064, I like it to much)
then buy 880. My saw line up would be 200T, 260,440,064,066 & 880.

Back on the 440, after only one tank I think if I had bought one
before the 460 and 361 I would have never bought them. More
power and not that much more weight than the 361. Little less
power than the 460, but it feels like the weight is more of a difference
than what it is, to me anyway. How a saw feels is a personal thing
and I think I have just fell in love with the MS440 :heart: May buy another one

Dangerous mission to buy line for the new FS250R today, they still have a 440 for $738 with a 28" Saw feels light, real tip heavy with the 28 which is just fine cuz it's that much lighter for it. No sign of a 441 or Ultra oil yet. Sure buffed the heck out of the yard with the 250R. though:chainsawguy:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back