Stihl MS660 vs Husqvarna 390xp (vid)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before I forget, I don't wanna hear about a 395xp, both saws beat a milled and ported 395xp I just finished in the same cut, same bar and chain by over a second.

Nice videos. Makes my decision of which one to buy even harder.

Before I forget, I don't wanna hear about a 395xp, both saws beat a milled and ported 395xp I just finished in the same cut, same bar and chain by over a second.

Ok, someone please explain that to a saw noob.

Hmmm, interesting. The 395 is bigger so maybe it needs more blowdown? The carb probably should be bored out too.

Thanks for the vids!:clap:

Nice video,to each his own. But that good ol' 660 will still be makin' sawdust when your huskys' are in the scrapyard!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well as far as im concerned that is irrelevent. if im gonna run either one of those saws, the minimum bar length will be 36 inches and .404 so whichever one is faster with a 36 inch .404 chain with a 7 tooth would be what interests me, 32 inch is 70cc range.

Owning a 066 and spending countless hours with a 390 I must say I'm shocked by these results. I always thought my 066 had way more ass than that 390 ( both stock ). Does the 390 take better to mods, slinger? Word 'round the water cooler is that the 390 is your specialty.

a saw that size racing with a lil 32 inch bar with 3/8 chain in dry doug fir is pointless.. if you want to really understand which saw is stronger you need to put a real bar and chain on the saws, or dip that 32 inch b&C into some hardwood. this video means absolutely nothing, my 044 with a 30 inch bar would beat either one of those in that particular wood.

I have a 395 big bore sitting on the bench along side a 371 barrel.
The 395 has smaller transfers tha the 371.
I imagine the extra length would make up for the small size. I don't recall any builder ever getting excited over a 395. The piped 660's however seem to be REAL popular.

Last edited:
a saw that size racing with a lil 32 inch bar with 3/8 chain in dry doug fir is pointless.. if you want to really understand which saw is stronger you need to put a real bar and chain on the saws, or dip that 32 inch b&C into some hardwood. this video means absolutely nothing, my 044 with a 30 inch bar would beat either one of those in that particular wood.

We know one thing, you've got the right AS username. That's because you're all bark:mad:

Back