Stihl press fluid OH 723 anybody?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watsonr

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Was at the dealer the other day and saw him use this fluid to get a seal into place. He's a gold certified tech and say he always uses the stuff to help seat the fuel lines and seals, never rolled a spring off he claims. It appears to be a liquid oil, nothing more. Anybody use or have any info?

Thanks!

I use it from time to time on fuel lines and such. Never tried it on a seal...I use grease for those.

I get a year out of the small bottle, so the price isn't a huge issue for me. I use it for fuel lines and seals.

I also use it on Stihl intakes where they mount to the cylinder flange, before putting the clamp on. I like to make sure they are aligned exactly to prevent any twisting stress on them.

It is also very good on 455/460 Husky intakes where they mount up to the cylinder. It is not terribly hard to get an air leak there just due to misalignment when putting it together. The press fluid provides just enough lubrication to allow the ribs of that complex intake to slide where they belong.

So you fellers are using the press fluid on the on the inner lips of the seals? I'll have to give it a try. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back