Stihl saws MAX RPM

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Monkeyhanger said:
Hi,

my original German handbook states max. 14000rpm for the 460 (made in 2001)! So setting it to 13500 would be ok I guess.

Bye

Danke schon fur das hilfe. Mein Schweiger Mutter bis von Bayreth, DE.

By the way, I had my wife write this who is not fluent in German!

And my last name is Becker, I think I'm about 3/8 German.
Really I'm 50% Redneck & 50% Hillbilly= 100% Redbilly :D

Thanks, Gary

Monkeyhanger said:
Hi,

my original German handbook states max. 14000rpm for the 460 (made in 2001)! So setting it to 13500 would be ok I guess.

Bye

The owners or service manual are not a good guide to the max RPM. These are generally printed before the saw is released. Stihl publishes a set of charts about once a year that get updated. The Service manuals don't. 13,500 is the current max rpm for the USA models.

Also, setting for one county do not necessarily apply to another - muffler, carbs and gas can all be different. Use the settings that your region specifies.

Trigger-Time said:
Danke schon fur das hilfe. Mein Schweiger Mutter bis von Bayreth, DE.

By the way, I had my wife write this who is not fluent in German!

And my last name is Becker, I think I'm about 3/8 German.
Really I'm 50% Redneck & 50% Hillbilly= 100% Redbilly :D

Thanks, Gary

Hi Gary,

well I'm a "Euro-mix" myself made up of 1/4 German with the other 3/4 being mostly English with a fair bit of Scottish (and possibly a little bit of Irish to round things off, no Welsh though). Which kind of means all the nationalities that make me up have all spent some time during the last few hundred years fighting and killing each other...

Although I've been in Germany since 1990 I still find the language terribly complicated compared to English. Starts off with the der/die/das/die and then there is the accusative/nominative/dative/genitive which changes the word endings etc. and generally makes German difficult to speak or write correctly.

@lakeside the problem with the max rpms and handbooks is something I first noticed with my 346XPG. The German handbook said 14200, the dealer said 14500 and the forum here mostly says 14700. Confusing. Husqvarna just said use the setting from the handbook. I've also noticed differences in other saws between the German and USA versions. So it doesn't surprise me to hear that the US 460 states 13500 and the 2001 German 460 says 14000. My Stihl dealer had it set way over 14500, made worse by me going to a 3% mix, but my Husqvarna dealer set it to about 13500 as you said when I told him that "this thing is revving waaaay too high..."

bye

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back