Stihlmans Wood,Tree cutting ramblings...........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took the new Superaxe WS450 out for a spin,not the best day for it drisly rain all day didnt make it muck fun but better that sittin in front of the TV at home.
Very happy with the splitter works a treat,fast no fus just gets the job done in minamal amount of time.
Had a bit of truble on the way out some rally driving in the black clay but made it some how,looking forward to the new Ranger in 2 weeks ya.
9611 662.jpg 9611 663.jpg 9611 665.jpg 9611 666.jpg

Had a new project on the go my mates misses wonted some square seats to go around her fire pit in the back yard.She got prices locally and they wonted $300 per mtr for 400mm square Stringybark i dont think so.
We found this nice solid Greygum so spent the day making them into 500mm x 500mm x 3000mm long all went well had a BBQ lunch nice way to spend the day.

Picture 014.jpg Picture 025.jpg Picture 027.jpg Picture 035.jpg

looks like a good day wish i was there i got to rebuild 9 660's today someone forgot to mix the fuel and dident stop cutting just grabbed another saw
do i see mud on that new ranger ???

Thats a Winchester Mod 70 actoin in .270 WSM Maddco barrel,Wild dog cevlar/fibreglass stock Leupold 4.5 to 14 x 50 VXL scope.
I love this set up and have the same in a .243 as well.

nice what did it set ya back in .243 if ya dont mind me asking ???

I cant remember all up what it cost but if your going to build a custom rifle (one you will have for a life time) cost doesnt realy come into it,the hardest part is to find and actoin in the type style you like then build on up from there.
It all come down to to what you like,timber,plastic,fiberglass mixes,laminated stocks for example and so on.
These reason why i have two rifle the same except the calibers is i shot so well when i build the .243 it just made it ba no brainer to do the same in a bigger caliber,just got to make sure you take the right one with the right ammo.

Latest posts

Back