Stripped threads

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds good. IPL says the 036 is an M5 I have some nylon spacers that might work well. We have some low head allen head bolts at work I'll check out. I'll measure the hole and wrap the bit with black tape so I don't go to deep. Thanks again, good advice as usual.

I'm sorry, don't go slow with the drill, keep it spinning but apply light pressure so it doesn't dig in too much at a time and grab that brass insert. The mag will drill pretty easily.

I’ve used these before on husky 288 top cover screws. This style does consume a larger amount of side wall then a traditional heli coil. So if that is close to the edge of a casting it might just break it off.
That's true, I think for a m5 you have to use a m8 tap.

Rethreaded but grabbed the M6x 0.75 instead of 1.0 so I need to grab a new bolt. I also drilled out the spacer and had to thread the brass spacer on the starter because the walls of it where to thin to drill so we will have to see how that goes after I get the bolt. I did not have to open the hole up any more to tap it to M6.IMG_20190118_182053423.jpgIMG_20190118_190118061.jpg

Hope it works out. I don't know if it matters but I would hold that starter cover as tight as you can against the case so the bolt doesn't tighten up to the cover before you get it tight to the case.

JB is strong enough and suitable for tapping threads. Its one of their package claims, that's what I'd do also you can use the same original fastener. Versatile product that JB.

Back