the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had the opportunity to meet up with Derwoodii at the Red Bull branched out tree climb comp at Kapunda a few weekends ago.
Great to meet up, let the girls have a go at the kids climb and the 60ft rope swing that went out over the water, and enjoy the main climb event afterwards too.
Derwoodii is a top bloke, but I figured you all would already know that, its a pity your trip was cut a bit short, hope all those things work out ok mate.

Some pics we took, and some vids I found on the tube.

Derwoodii.jpg

DerwoodiiE.jpg Lclimbevent.jpg

and

And yesterday, I came across this fella having a snack by my wood shed.

snake1.jpg snake3.jpg snake4.jpg

T

That video footage is crazy, are those fellas half monkey? [emoji1787] Umm....... is that brown snake eating another snake? I’d be moving interstate if it was at my house, I’m not a fan of snakes [emoji51]

That video footage is crazy, are those fellas half monkey? [emoji1787] Umm....... is that brown snake eating another snake? I’d be moving interstate if it was at my house, I’m not a fan of snakes [emoji51]

The event was well worth seeing, great to see how quick they got about.

yep, eating a smaller one, left him alone, figured the larger snake will take care of the smaller ones about the place, and he is easy to see being larger, and he was pretty easy going, could get up close to take some pictures, tho he was busy eating. Prefer a large snake about the place that knows your too large to eat, not some small young dumb one that is all ropey and bitey that you didnt see and just stepped on.

Ive heard him in the sheds before, seems he is used to us being around, but I'm not about to pat it and teach it to collect the paper and bring it indoors for me. :)

much thanks the picture and vids trains & pleasure to catch up on the day... i was tad busy to take pictures of the kids tree rig.. It was a complex set up from other years but im told only put one in the drink when bloke on belay was not fast enuff.. All good at home granny MIL slowly recovering & good news is she got respite care sorted and was with help on her feet today..

thumbnail_IMG_20191018_133513.jpg

them tanks at Kapaunda were a attraction i got to sit in the Abraham driver seat and check out the other APC,, that a job for tuff brave hearts

thumbnail_IMG_20191018_144304.jpg thumbnail_IMG_20191018_081007.jpg

well the chrissy tree decorations are up again for this year,,, 7 hours up tree while riggers and crane team mucked about wiring up lights and star..

Im getting to old for this and its a easy climb just to many branches to wriggle over and around vs my joint flexibility .

the top tree star pole has canted over a tad and we needed to grease it up to slide it on and the crane was almost t0o short we only got it over the top by 6 inches
thumbnail_IMG_20191111_085927.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20191111_090000.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20191111_101152.jpg thumbnail_IMG_20191111_134739.jpg

elf assistant Leroy Leanne was the one of the best I've taken aloft

thumbnail_IMG_20191111_085922.jpg

bush fires in NSW sounding pretty serious. Hope its not a very bad week for anyone you lot know

I’m hoping for improved weather conditions for the people affected by the fires and I really appreciate all of the legends who put their lives on the line to help fight the fires. What amazing people they are [emoji1305]

Hmmm, maybe I won’t rush to go and see it [emoji6][emoji1787]

If you got young billy lids it can be a fun evening for them if weather nice does get busy crowded tho

This year’s lighting of Frankston City’s spectacular century-old Norfolk Pine Christmas Tree will be the most epic yet - one lucky child will have the honour of participating in the tree lighting ceremony! You can enter the competition via the website below.

This is followed by a spectacular fireworks display.

Date: Saturday 30 November 2019
Time: 5pm-10pm
Cost: FREE entry, with costs for rides, food, market stalls and amusements
Location: Frankston Arts Centre precinct, Frankston Library, Davey Street and surrounds.

I’m hoping for improved weather conditions for the people affected by the fires and I really appreciate all of the legends who put their lives on the line to help fight the fires. What amazing people they are [emoji1305]

I've never seen anything like it, burnt leaves falling out of the sky just about everyday for a week from the firefront upto 70 kms away and them showing up as rain on the BOM radar, visibility down to 300m because of the smoke haze , fires burning over 50 kms in 24 hrs.

I've never seen anything like it, burnt leaves falling out of the sky just about everyday for a week from the firefront upto 70 kms away and them showing up as rain on the BOM radar, visibility down to 300m because of the smoke haze , fires burning over 50 kms in 24 hrs.

That is crazy, it would be very eerie to experience. Let’s hope that there is no more lives lost in the fires.

Yeah, most people have no idea how much debrits are taken up by a fire or strong winds, and how far they can travel.

Stay safe and when you can get some good rest in case you need it later.

Today visibility is down to less than 100m, fires 30 kms away
30kms is not far, whats the wind strength and direction, does it slow down of an evening your way, or it makes no difference.

Words dont help much from a computer screen when your facing a fire front.
Sincerely hope you are able to stay safe, and they contain it, and the others soon.

30kms is not far, whats the wind strength and direction, does it slow down of an evening your way, or it makes no difference.

Words dont help much from a computer screen when your facing a fire front.
Sincerely hope you are able to stay safe, and they contain it, and the others soon.
It is impossible to contain, it's in wilderness country, it has burnt out the forests to the north & west, it can come south to the bellengen valley escarpment & go to the east as far as the ocean, so strong northerlys or westerlies are where the danger is.

Damn, how close are you to the heavily wooded area, would it just pass thru with no chance of fighting it in your area, or is there a buffer zone of sorts where you would only be dealing with smaller fires and embers ?

Latest posts

Back