the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So some one got upset about my hunting post and it was deleted it was the had the dead cat in it, no big deal. Ill just try to remember not to post up dead cats, but I'm not going to filter through all the other post I've done in the previous pagers with hunting photos of mine that have dead cats in them but who ever winged is more then welcome to.

This is my cat he lives inside and never goes out side to kill out lovely and native animal in Australia that i work hard to protect.20200229_131958.jpg
Edit: he is hunting rat also not native.

So some one got upset about my hunting post and it was deleted it was the had the dead cat in it, no big deal. Ill just try to remember not to post up dead cats, but I'm not going to filter through all the other post I've done in the previous pagers with hunting photos of mine that have dead cats in them but who ever winged is more then welcome to.

This is my cat he lives inside and never goes out side to kill out lovely and native animal in Australia that i work hard to protect.View attachment 804001
Edit: he is hunting rat also not native.

strange thing to report,, i recall some years back in this thread a yank had a big sook about a dead cat,, dear bloke could'nt distinguish between domesticate lap cat and feral bush killer,,,, meh bat on..

shooting helping at club day with South African hunters group GTG tomoz & airshow this sunday

Its barely run in, hilux is over 370k now.

In other news beyond peak toilet paper and hand sanitiser, my bio gas system has started to make usable biogas.
Was not expecting the first bladder full to be flammable, but it is and its good gas, now starts the trench digging for the pipe to the kitchen from the unit, in one continual incline, and to source some affordable activated charcoal that scrubs hydrogen sulphide.

Enjoyed a cuppa with the kids on the stove that comes with the unit, but will be plumbing into the house to run on our 50s SAGASCO stove.

Got the unit a while back second hand cheaper than what I could buy basic fittings let alone a shuttle to start making my own, just activated it with fresh cow manure mixed into a slurry and let the cow bacteria do its thing.

biogasflame1.jpgbiogasflame2.jpghbgweightsfitted.jpg

That’s great, I’m a big fan of making something useful from something that’s usually wasted. I collect rainwater from my shed roof and the solar on the same roof powers a pressure pump to water my lawn & garden [emoji1303]

that gas badder is so kool im really curious as one thing we have a lot of around my house is poo chicken duck peacock dog cat sheep & horse pigs next door & for ever stepping in it

on the topic my wind turbine solar pv hybrid system charges all my battery tools and runs back up LED lights within house and sheds oh the second hand PV pannel behind the solar hot water tank

thumbnail_IMG_20200119_153940.jpg

That’s great, I’m a big fan of making something useful from something that’s usually wasted. I collect rainwater from my shed roof and the solar on the same roof powers a pressure pump to water my lawn & garden [emoji1303]
Thanks Ando81, yeah, we dont have mains water out here, so its all from the sky, or a bit from the ground.
Have been looking into biogas for a while now, its not new tech by any means, its been used ever since man first got sick of trying to cut down trees with basic metalurgy and someone lit up their own gas by a camp fire one night, and the penny dropped.
Big tech is slowly gaining momentum and large industrial biogas plants are becoming more mainstream.
This unit is like the millenials version, just plug and play, but I like the design, and how they go about business, tho getting a new one is quite out of our budget, unless they take 48 pack of toilet rolls, I should be good :).
in china, india, and africa, biogas is pretty common, if you have a dairy, or piggery, they make very large underground chambers from bricks and can power an entire village, keeps them from denuding the surrounding area for firewood too, and its far healthier for them.
I should be good as long as the rats dont nibble at it, or a tree skewer it dropping a branch, might make a cover frame for it during winter to keep the bits of gumtree off it when things fall.

that gas badder is so kool im really curious as one thing we have a lot of around my house is poo chicken duck peacock dog cat sheep & horse pigs next door & for ever stepping in it

on the topic my wind turbine solar pv hybrid system charges all my battery tools and runs back up LED lights within house and sheds oh the second hand PV pannel behind the solar hot water tank

View attachment 807331
I like the combined wind and solar idea, if its not sunny, its usually windy.
Yeah, apparently it dosent like chicken poop, tho you can feed it dog, cat, horse and pig, there is even a low water use dunny for people that you can use with it, would be good if you were making an eco camping village and could design it into what your doing, but trying to retro fit a house to run a dunny on it might or might not work depending on house design, and layout etc
Still for basic house composting kitchen waste, its excellent, we have used worm farms in the past, great until it gets too hot, where as this likes the heat, and produces more gas the hotter it gets, we expect it to slow right down in winter, but will be cooking on the wood stove then anyway, its summer when we use the gas stove when this will hopefully work, so watch this space, its proof of concept with whats left of summer/ autumn, and next summer we will see.
google homebiogas for more info.

Back to the odometer reading, at least the timing belt is easily replaced on the cruiser, I would suggest going gen parts and replace the tensioner when doing so, you probably already know all that, but I have had issues with gates kits in the past, and only use gen toyota parts now, its just not worth the hassle, and sometimes, ive found gen parts cheaper than aftermarket, not often, but it can surprise you.
Helps to have a good toyota parts dealer near you too.

at least the timing belt is easily replaced on the cruiser

very kind you think i got the mechanical skills to swapout a timing belt,, oh sure i could prolly get it apart but there'd be a few bolts & bits left in the tray so i leave this to my local mechanic,, I actually think its was done 15k ago when i/the mechanic did fuel pump it will be on the cars history card ...

very kind you think i got the mechanical skills to swapout a timing belt,, oh sure i could prolly get it apart but there'd be a few bolts & bits left in the tray so i leave this to my local mechanic,, I actually think its was done 15k ago when i/the mechanic did fuel pump it will be on the cars history card ...

The cover is 3-4 clips, and the same in 10mm bolts, rotate engine till timing marks align, (makes it easy to put new belt on).
Remove tensioner, 2 12mm bolts, belt falls off, clean area with air to remove dust, and fit new belt, double check timing marks on injector pump and cam, then apply loctite to tensioner bolts, fit tensioner, tighten bolts to correct torque specs, depending on if its spring or hydraulic tensioner as to wheather you just pull the pin to let it self adjust or fit the spring, rotate engine by hand, ensure marks line up, put cover on, have a beer.
oh, might need to remove 2 12mm bolts to move the power steering res out the way to make it easier and less swearing.

:)

The cover is 3-4 clips, and the same in 10mm bolts, rotate engine till timing marks align, (makes it easy to put new belt on).
Remove tensioner, 2 12mm bolts, belt falls off, clean area with air to remove dust, and fit new belt, double check timing marks on injector pump and cam, then apply loctite to tensioner bolts, fit tensioner, tighten bolts to correct torque specs, depending on if its spring or hydraulic tensioner as to wheather you just pull the pin to let it self adjust or fit the spring, rotate engine by hand, ensure marks line up, put cover on, have a beer.
oh, might need to remove 2 12mm bolts to move the power steering res out the way to make it easier and less swearing.

:)

ah you make sound so easy :) but dont know how good are my sexy fingers too flip things up

Back