The MS261 is here!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PM's are always an option if you have a question for a specific forum member.:)

Yeah, I don't really like PM'ing people that I don't really know without an invitation. If I was more known or at least BS'd back and forth in a thread then I'd woulda PM'd but since I hardly know him, I didn't really feel welcome in a sense.

I am aiming this at Brad, but all others are welcome as long as it is directly related to my question (i.e. no answers like "just get a husky xxxne, oe, e-tech blah blah blah) Oringinally I was set on an 044 with 046bb top, an 066bb, and prolly 026, and def want the feather MS200R...then I was thinking of a 362 and an 066bb before this thread, now I am thinking I want a 261, 441, and then maybe an 066bb, and I still want the 200R just because. So do you think this would be a decent setup (261, 441, and down the road 066bb)??

Skip the 60cc saw. The 261 and 441 make an excellent combo.

He doesn't want to talk to you,LOLOLOLOL

I finally got in a batch of 261's today, finally. Giving it a good close look over it does appear to be right niffty. Its rather large compare to the 260 it replaced and its a tad heavier but no so much it would bother anyone cept my buddy Sawtroll, he's such a weakling,LOL The saw is really nothing more than a mini 362 by looking at it.

We got buried in snow this evening so I didn't get a chance to run any of them. Seems many were wondering just how does the 261 stack up againist the 346 and 5100 in the cut. I got all three now and all three are bone stock. Due to my delicate skin I won't bother to make a side by side in the cut in this cold snow, maybe when its warmer, even so I'm betting ahead of time there isn't enuff difference between the three in the cut to be fussing over. In terms of beauty now the 261 is by far the prettiest of the three. Yes looks matter when sales is your biz.

BTW hows my kid doing? You keep that house warm ya hear and make sure she has plenty of blankets on the bed. Tell her pop said hello..

Due to my delicate skin I won't bother to make a side by side in the cut in this cold snow, maybe when its warmer, even so I'm betting ahead of time there isn't enuff difference between the three in the cut to be fussing over.

To protect your delicate skin, I'll answer your question. You're exactly right, the 261 is a little faster, the 346 is a little more nimble and the 5100 is a fine saw too and there will be fights on here for years to come over which one is better, even though there isn't enough difference to be fussing over.

But, I would say that beauty is in the eye of the creamsicle goggle wearer. :kissing:

To protect your delicate skin, I'll answer your question. You're exactly right, the 261 is a little faster, the 346 is a little more nimble and the 5100 is a fine saw too and there will be fights on here for years to come over which one is better, even though there isn't enough difference to be fussing over.

But, I would say that beauty is in the eye of the creamsicle goggle wearer. :kissing:

I figured as much. There's only so much power you can squeeze of a 50cc stock saw. Seems all three makers now have got about all they can get out of them, Stihl being the last to join the power houses in the 50cc range. They just couldn't warrant getting rid of the 026/260 because it sold so well for so long.

I'm glad you came in and cleared all that up. Its been too cold outside for this ole cat to be messing with saws. I realized today just how old I am. I used to love snow, driving home in it today I was cussing every flake of it,grrrrrrrrrr.

I sell the 261 as a pro upgrade from the 290 because it's no longer tiny like the 260 to promote as a limbing saw. The 261 is for bucking and felling small trees in my opinion with much better weight and balance than a 290. It will be interesting to see how the 291 will fit.

BTW, do any of you sell the SE 122 vac's? Do you know which company makes them?

BTW hows my kid doing? You keep that house warm ya hear and make sure she has plenty of blankets on the bed. Tell her pop said hello..

She's plenty warm...and seems to have your gift of gab. She's conversing all day (even in her sleep), but never says anything that is intelligible. LOL.

So i read the whole thread last night. All i got from it was weight, and chain pitch arguements. Altho brads posts were nice to read. The rest of you ladies should of taken it else where.

She's plenty warm...and seems to have your gift of gab. She's conversing all day (even in her sleep), but never says anything that is intelligible. LOL.

Thats ma girl. She'll grow up to be beautifull, witty and of course charming just like her dad, I can't wait to see her nextime I come down your way. BTW Ed, could you pm me your work sechedule. I need to make sure where you are when I come down to see ma girl, thanks man, I knew you would fully understand,hehehe

Thats ma girl. She'll grow up to be beautifull, witty and of course charming just like her dad, I can't wait to see her nextime I come down your way. BTW Ed, could you pm me your work sechedule. I need to make sure where you are when I come down to see ma girl, thanks man, I knew you would fully understand,hehehe

The wife is going to be ticked that you misplaced the schedule she sent. I don't know why she puts up with you.

Back