The power sharp system

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMFARM 2009

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Anyone dare to use it yet? All you hard core guys too set in your ways to try something new? Lets get some reviews on it... I have been eyeballing it for a while for the limbing saws.if it works it would save time in the woods.

they dont make one to fit aney of my saws, just checked last week wen i made my order at baylies

i tried to search for it but came up empty when i searched.... i appreciate the info it pretty well says it all... i will be buying one for the limbing saws...its hard to keep a 14" chain cutting on mulberry or hedge apple.at least it will keep production up a bit. thanks again.

Just put her to the test today, cut up some rock hard elm, cuts fast, love it, thinking about running it on my 4620 with lo pro sprocket

Don't forget that the $10 rebate will expire at the end of next month (January).
http://www.edgeandengine.com/webstore/wecs.php?store=edge&content=oregon_powersharp.html

We have had a very positive feedback on the PowerSharp, and judging by the high rate of repeat orders for starter kits it seems like the guys that get one end up purchasing one for each saw they own. However, keep in mind that it won't fit most saws over 45cc and is only available in 3/8" low profile chain.

Last edited:
Just put her to the test today, cut up some rock hard elm, cuts fast, love it, thinking about running it on my 4620 with lo pro sprocket

Please keep PowerSharp on the saws listed for it. The 4620 is a 46 cc saw and comes with a .325 pitch chain that is designed for higher powered saws.

PowerSharp (91PS) is a 3/8 pitch low profile consumer chain and is designed to be run on saws with a 6 tooth drive sprocket and are 42 cc (2.3 HP) and under. That is the typical saw rating for the 91 series consumer chain. Running 91PS on the 4620 could result in unsatisfactory life. Among other reasons, the .325 chains are stronger because the material is thicker than 91PS.

For those AS members with saws bigger than 42 cc we have heard the requests for a PowerSharp chain designed for the bigger saws. Please be patient.

Last edited:
i tried to search for it but came up empty when i searched.... i appreciate the info it pretty well says it all... i will be buying one for the limbing saws...its hard to keep a 14" chain cutting on mulberry or hedge apple.at least it will keep production up a bit. thanks again.

Hedgewood, hedge apple, Osagehedge, Osage Orange Tree, Bodark, many names for the same wood.

What type of problems do you have when cutting hedge apple???

How much cutting can you do on hedge apple before the chain stops cutting?

Why are you cutting it (pasture clearing, yard trimming, firewood,.....)?

I'd appeciate any feed back from AS members.

Hedgewood, hedge apple, Osagehedge, Osage Orange Tree, Bodark, many names for the same wood.

What type of problems do you have when cutting hedge apple???

How much cutting can you do on hedge apple before the chain stops cutting?

Why are you cutting it (pasture clearing, yard trimming, firewood,.....)?

I'd appeciate any feed back from AS members.

I usually get a couple truckloads between sharpenings... As far as why cut it?
A. It burns awesome...
B. It's everywhere here...
C. It takes over the fencerows. Seems to like to grow sideways.;) I've chisel plowed up 3" roots over 50' from the fencerows...

Back