The unofficial Mac 10-10 thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So according to Mike acres site a pm 55 has a chrome bore and a 10-10s has an iron bore.

Tim's post explains what I was referring to regarding the possible concern with differing materials between the rings and cylinder. And while the Acres site provides a ton of valuable material, I believe I'd trust a magnet over what's provided there -- especially in the case of McCulloch info simply due to so many mix and match changes on any given production run of any given McCulloch saw.

20200110_155341.jpg 20200110_155348.jpg 20200110_155511.jpg 20200110_164713.jpg
Took SOME effort to get the insert out but a few people (Poge) were asking about this type fuel cap.
The only thing you can't see is the beehive spring in the bottom. I left out the plastic bit and used the taller poulan valve.
Thats a rock or hardy board screw.

Right on. I recently picked up a saw with that cap and was brainstorming how to fix it. I was just going to drill it out and make my own insert for the duckbill. Do you have a part number for the poolan valve?
Aaahhh? The green one on Amazon. Sorry thats pretty much the extent of my knowledge.

Right on. I recently picked up a saw with that cap and was brainstorming how to fix it. I was just going to drill it out and make my own insert for the duckbill. Do you have a part number for the poolan valve?

Fyi I used a huge flat blade screwdriver to just catch the edge of the tube where the insert fits , took about 3 tries.

So that's one of the caps that appear to not be serviceable? Looks like one helluva press fit if it took that much leverage to pop it apart. And you just pressed it back together with the spring and a new duckbill?

The green duckbills come by a few part numbers depending on source with the 530026119 being a pretty common one. Homelite and Stens have their versions as well. Then there's the shorter pink Homelite 69451 (Stens 610-345) that you can find everywhere also.

So that's one of the caps that appear to not be serviceable? Looks like one helluva press fit if it took that much leverage to pop it apart. And you just pressed it back together with the spring and a new duckbill?

The green duckbills come by a few part numbers depending on source with the 530026119 being a pretty common one. Homelite and Stens have their versions as well. Then there's the shorter pink Homelite 69451 (Stens 610-345) that you can find everywhere also.
Yes just pressed back together with spring and.... an oring around the neck of the duck bill valve, because the hole is fairly large and I wanted to stabilize the valve but not squeeze it. I think thats what the plastic part was originally meant for, it was full of black jelly.
This is the cap type that I broke last year trying to remove it normally by grasping the stem with pliers and twisting. The whole thing looks like a hex head bolt when freed from the cap.

I know I've got another one of these in my saws , Tomorrow if I get some shed time I'll make a video of the process I used to get it apart, after all shouldn't success once breed over confidence! Lol

Whelp, over confidence did indeed spell disaster today, shattered the fuel cap for the ProMac 60 so no video of me swearing.
Maybe it was just dumb luck that the first one I tried worked but with no market for reasonably priced caps I'm gonna stop while I'm even , 1= fixed 1= broken.

Sorry if this is posted in the incorrect location, please advise if it is.

I recently cracked my brake case cover. Between the two bolts. My bar will not hold in place now. My 10-10 is fun to use, but I'm not sure it is worth hunting down a replacement part.

Any thoughts? Should I invest in a part for a saw that is my backup - and "fun saw"? Or should I retire this chopper sounding cutting machine?

What would you do?

Sorry if this is posted in the incorrect location, please advise if it is.

I recently cracked my brake case cover. Between the two bolts. My bar will not hold in place now. My 10-10 is fun to use, but I'm not sure it is worth hunting down a replacement part.

Any thoughts? Should I invest in a part for a saw that is my backup - and "fun saw"? Or should I retire this chopper sounding cutting machine?

What would you do?

Scrap yard is a popular place to start. I fixed mine with epoxy and steel stock shim.

Latest posts

Back