The we need to help Stump rebuild a shop, replace tools, replace saws thread.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im a little short on cash too. I work outside, its winter time, and its christmas time on top of that. I have a mint little Husky 44 black top im in the middle of rebuilding. If its OK with Stump, Id like to give it to the cookiemonster's/Stumpy Jr's when I get it done. :smile2:

If its not ok, I still got your address anyways! :laugh:

:rock:very cool offer. :rock:

The mill i log for has lumber up the yinyang! Prolly get it for cost. And its close to Strumpets! You pro builders get a list together and let me know. Last time i looked there was probably 50k board feet of 1" pine lumber. All widths. Lots of 2" cypress. 2x4's and 2x6's. Should be enough to build it back. That is if sawmill lumber will work. Just saying.:rock:

The mill i log for has lumber up the yinyang! Prolly get it for cost. And its close to Strumpets! You pro builders get a list together and let me know. Last time i looked there was probably 50k board feet of 1" pine lumber. All widths. Lots of 2" cypress. 2x4's and 2x6's. Should be enough to build it back. That is if sawmill lumber will work. Just saying.:rock:

That is way over my head I'll leave that one for Dan to answer.

Guys this thread is long if your coming in at the end here, it is worth reading the whole thread. There has been a bunch of great offers from members here. :rock:

After the first of the year I'll be in my slow season. This would be a good reason to head south for a bit.I've bent a few nails in my life and have plenty of tools to bring.

As far as sawmill lumber, I use nothing but that now.A 2x4 is a 2x4.I'm gettin' too old to be looking at them little lines any more.:smile2::smile2:

That 2x cypress sounds intriguing Les.I was thinking Stumpy was a prime candidate for a red iron steel building.Guess we'll see what the low down insurance man will pony up.:msp_unsure:

I'm away from the net for a few hours and this thing just blows up. Awesome what's going on here!

If you want to send me that 090G, I'll donate the time and labor to go through it and make it 100%. I don't have the time I used to, so I'll put my Mac 101 projects on hold. They're just toys anyway. I bet we can bring in $1500-$2000 with this one saw!

I've actually got an offer on the mill for $340 + shipping to over seas. That's $100 more than a new one. Talk about generous!

thats good with me , let me know the details so i can get it all boxed up. what's the best and cheapest shipping. are pic's in order and follow it's progress. thank's. fraser.

Just caught the thread...

I followed the fire trucks home before, leaves one of the worst feelings in your stomach you can imagine. Please PM us a physical address for shipping, money not available, but some common carb kits, fuel line, carb cleaner, spark plugs, fuel filters, bar oil, 2-stroke oil, etc., should help you get back to work. Have a top box for a tool box that may be a help, too...if you can use it. And I saw it said in another post, these are the types of things, that help us become the men we need to be. Ma used to say "Son, it's not if you get knocked down that matters, it's whether you get back up or not". Head high, chest out, and allow the comfort of family to give your reason to continue.
BTW, Good luck with the ****ing insurance company, they usually aren't worth counting on!

Brian and Tina

Just caught the thread...

I followed the fire trucks home before, leaves one of the worst feelings in your stomach you can imagine. Please PM us a physical address for shipping, money not available, but some common carb kits, fuel line, carb cleaner, spark plugs, fuel filters, bar oil, 2-stroke oil, etc., should help you get back to work. Have a top box for a tool box that may be a help, too...if you can use it. And I saw it said in another post, these are the types of things, that help us become the men we need to be. Ma used to say "Son, it's not if you get knocked down that matters, it's whether you get back up or not". Head high, chest out, and allow the comfort of family to give your reason to continue.
BTW, Good luck with the ****ing insurance company, they usually aren't worth counting on!

Brian and Tina

Sending PM.

Whew, just read this thread from beginning to end and it was well worth the time. Will for sure send what I can when I can. I just wish my dad and I were closer as my dad would gladly wire the whole shop for free when you got that far.

Back