The we need to help Stump rebuild a shop, replace tools, replace saws thread.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, get that 090g on a raffle already. I'll probably never be able to afford a good one through normal means, but I'd certainly blow a chunk of change for a chance in a raffle for a good cause like this...

i know that we'll all get stumpy well taken careas for temporary income and getting the shop going again but id like to see the christmas list that the kids have. his kids will be as affected by this as he will and while were out buying up the world for our own kids one extra present to be sent to stumpys kids for under the tree i think would be heart felt. some people are funny about sending money to folks but will in a heartbeat buy an extra present for a child. forgive me if my thinking is out of line stumpy but im always thinking outside the box so to speak lol

Sorry to hear about your shop Stumpy. All that magnesium, WOW that must have been one hell of a nasty fire. I am fairly new to this site and I really enjoy it here. Forgive me if I offend anyone but I feel laughter is the best medicine and I some times say inapropriate things. I have read several of your postings and you often make me laugh. I have never met you and dont know you personally but looking at you in your avatar I can say that you look.....kinda goofy. But hey your a chainsaw guy so you are all right in my book. I cant believe the generosity of this group, so many people willing to send money, saws, or help with labor. Very nice. This thread is very busy I just read the whole thing and I noticed that there were 32 other members on here also. Thats alot of grown men sitting in front of a computer screen in there underwear. I can only imagine a few other sites that would have more. Again sorry for your loss, knowing that you make your living out of your shop I cant imagine how tuff of a time this is for you. I wish you the best and I believe that you, with the help of your friends here will have you up and running again real soon. I'll keep an eye on this thread and count me in on some raffles or If I can gather up some $ after the holidays I will surely help as much as I can. Despite the facts have a merry christmas.

Well, I got yellow fever and just in case eBay is flooded with AS fundraiser saws, I certainly don't plan on letting the bottom fall out of Mac values!

i know that we'll all get stumpy well taken careas for temporary income and getting the shop going again but id like to see the christmas list that the kids have. his kids will be as affected by this as he will and while were out buying up the world for our own kids one extra present to be sent to stumpys kids for under the tree i think would be heart felt. some people are funny about sending money to folks but will in a heartbeat buy an extra present for a child. forgive me if my thinking is out of line stumpy but im always thinking outside the box so to speak lol

You beat me to it Terry, i was thinking the same thing.

Just donated $100 to Stumpy.

Hank- Saw your post over on the firewood, heating, and wood burning site where I usally live. Read most of what has been posted here and though I can't donate tools or saws, cash I can do. I have never heard of Stumpy until now but I can see he is held in high reguard here on AS. I plan to send him a saw or 2 when he gets back on his feet.

Steve

I've placed bids on both the husky 262xp and the McCullogh 250. I need them like I need another hole in the head (which is what I'll get when the wife see's i've bid on another saw.) But I cant help but to drive up some prices for a good cause.

I'll see what I can do too

Read every post on here!!! that took awhile. Very sorry about your shop and tools. Stumpy! All you As members are something else, its an honor to ever be on here and to be in contact with any of you.
I have no $ but know Stumps family needs it more than mine right now and Christmas is the time for giving. I be lookin for something to give in the morning. Think its going to be saws or parts though as I do have some.

Merry Christmas all, and more so to Stumpy and family.

Duane

I know how you're feeling stump, this was a picture I took standing inside my shop 3 yrs ago. I could'nt even clean the mess for weeks because my hands were bandaged up from a grease fire in the kitchen one week prior to the shop fire. Sorry for your loss.
barn005.jpg

Hank- Saw your post over on the firewood, heating, and wood burning site where I usally live. Read most of what has been posted here and though I can't donate tools or saws, cash I can do. I have never heard of Stumpy until now but I can see he is held in high reguard here on AS. I plan to send him a saw or 2 when he gets back on his feet.

Steve

Never heard of the man and ya donate $$$. That's just too cool man!

Rep ya when I can.

I know how you're feeling stump, this was a picture I took standing inside my shop 3 yrs ago. I could'nt even clean the mess for weeks because my hands were bandaged up from a grease fire in the kitchen one week prior to the shop fire. Sorry for your loss.
barn005.jpg

Dang ! Talk about getting kicked when your down! Hope you got everything up and going again.

That shop was a mere reflection of you, your still standing.
Keep your family close.
It may not seem like it now, you have a lot to be thankful for.

Been there, lost everything twice to floods.

How you make a flood? :monkey:

Back