TimberPro saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Methinks you need to have a word with him about chain tension......

It's a ****** chain, saw has maybe 3 tanks of fuel through it and the chain is so stretched it needs a link taken out (why it was on the bench). The others are customer saws other than the little 15R

It's a ****** chain, saw has maybe 3 tanks of fuel through it and the chain is so stretched it needs a link taken out (why it was on the bench). The others are customer saws other than the little 15R
I'd just replace it with something better. Cutting results should be better too and the risk of the chain ripping and potetially hurting someone is then gone.

Hi there, I'm looking for a good cheap saw for some bigger cutting jobs and have found a timberpro saw with 24" bar at a very good price indeed. Anyone any experience with these saws? Are they good and reliable?

I bought the "Professional" saw. My worst purchase ever! Chain seized after 3 WEEKS use. Dan at TimberPro accused me of running the saw with the break on. REALLY? I asked for refund or replacement. This what he said, "We will not be providing you with a refund for this order as it is clear that the damage to the brake is from misuse. Why should we refund you if the damage is caused by you? Would you see this as fair if the point of view was reversed."

I second the Echo CS590. The best bang for the buck. Buy once, cry once. You won't be sorry.

I think there will be more then a little crying my friend. I have 2 CS590s that both are condemned because of casting issues and the manufacturer will not do anything about it. Not just that but they still have to pay my company for warranty work. At the 2017 landscape show it was a veritable ghost town at the echo boot and most of the landscaping/arborists I spoke to would not have the product anymore. The main issue was lack of support and the sparse dealer network. YMMV but I doubt it because most of the dealers I know of treat echo like the plague. :surprised3:

Sorry you have had problems with Echo, I myself have had no issues with them, although I have only had 3 to date. If it was casting issues, I agree it should be warranty work. I would not hesitate to buy another one.

Never had a problem with either of my echo saws. Rockjock is the only person I've heard talk about casting flaws on the 590.

How I wish it was just a 1 of... but to have 2... besides even just the 1 and echo simply stuck its head in the sand and decided to leave the customer out in the cold. Customer service is lacking on their part. If I need a warranty part it is 4-6 weeks on average. I fail to see how anyone in the business can deal with that. But I suspect that Stihl and Husqvarna have just too much of the market share for them to even be a blip on the radar.

Echo does seem to have issues honoring there warranty. Iv heard that a few times. For me it doesn't matter they only last as long as it takes me to find a dry wall screw and pull the limiters. Do you think the saws you had came from a bad batch of cases? There's a ton of 590s out there and you don't here many negative things about them.

Echo is huge around here with landscapers. There is nothing wrong with the cs-590 or any of their other equipment, the quality is as good or better than Husqvarna or Stihl.
I keep buying Echo equipment. My 4 Echo saws are excellent. I sold the little cs 310 after buying the cs 352 because the 310 was never not being used. The 590 and 490 along with the 352 covers my needs. Occasionally, I'll use the Sthil 029. Thinking about selling my Sthil 024 and 026. Never get used. I prefer using the Echo's. What gets me is how people try to save money by buying Chinese saws. I bought one once. Total price 109$ & change. Used it 5 days returned got a refund. Bought the cs352 when Echo had the 20% off sale. Total cost 228$ & change. Double the price, quadrupled the quality. IMHO, if I wanted cheap I'd buy Poulan.

I have the timbepro 6150, its was 1/3 the price of a similar sized saw. It's more like a 50cc saw in size and power than a 60 but that's all I need.
I haven't had any issues with it. The saw starts right up and works well every time I need it.
It appears they don't sell timberpro saws anymore tho. There's other Chinese saws on ebay just like them so its not an issue and parts are super easy to get as most everything off the 52/58cc saws fits.
If I used my saws a lot more I'd get the echo590 or a used husky but for cutting 5-6 cord of wood a year the timberpro is fine.

I think there will be more then a little crying my friend. I have 2 CS590s that both are condemned because of casting issues and the manufacturer will not do anything about it. Not just that but they still have to pay my company for warranty work. At the 2017 landscape show it was a veritable ghost town at the echo boot and most of the landscaping/arborists I spoke to would not have the product anymore. The main issue was lack of support and the sparse dealer network. YMMV but I doubt it because most of the dealers I know of treat echo like the plague. :surprised3:[/

What is this casting flaw ye speak of?

My cs590 cases look very nicely made, although I haven’t inspected them with a fine-tooth comb.

Don't know how good a price you've found but if it were me, I'd find a good used saw from a reputable manufacturer before buying one of those.
In the end, when all is said and done, you most always get what you pay for.

You don’t always ‘get what you pay for’, but you RARELY get what you don’t pay for.

What is this casting flaw ye speak of?

My cs590 cases look very nicely made, although I haven’t inspected them with a fine-tooth comb.
Back about 1982 ish, I bought my old Nissan Truck for 6,900 or there abouts. Cash. 4 cylinder 8 spark plugs. Very strong runner. Now I drive Honda. I was in Japan about 1965 and admire the culture of honor. Their culture bleeds over into their work force. I was an office Equipment service manager for several years until missing outdoor work and began Tree work and Landscape. My company carried Mita copiers from Japan. I was in training and among the students were several Japanese. When I found Echo and learned how Shindaiwa was connected to them my confidence in Echo was much boosted.
I fully believe in Echo saws.
Sthil began in Sweden and some change may still be made there but I'm confident that Echo which isn't (yet) over priced will suit my needs. At 71 years old I figure I'll never need to buy another Chainsaw. My opinion of Sthil is the low end isn't going to be any better than any size Echo. My brother who can afford any saw at any price bought an Echo. 620 or 600P or there abouts. I'm running out of patience and eyesight ain't real good. Lost interest in repairing equipment. Sthils are easy to maintain but new saws are even easier. Call me lazy and I may be, call me crazy and I'll not agree. It's Echo for me. Now I'll say it in Spanish, Echo para mi. Ha. Ha. Now I'm saying it in American Sign for the deaf. OK, just being funny. Good day.

Wow pretty much nailed it. I don't have the patience or spare time to mess with used stuff anymore.
My old Stihl that I bought used 10 or more years ago started running hot last time I used it. So when I needed a chainsaw right away I went and bought a brand new Echo CS-352. Gotta say it's the most boring chainsaw I ever seen or used, but it just works and starts every time and keeps running and never dies. I don't want to do more than keep the chain in tune and that's all I have to do. I really hate it.

Then I bought a CS-490 that I found on sale a couple of weeks ago for a couple of big jobs I've been needing to get done. Only had to use it once so far, but starts easy and is lightweight and powerful. I won't use it a lot, but when I do I love it.

Then I got a brand new PPT-2620 pole saw Friday because I didn't want to buy someone else's problem and I knew I'd likely keep it in like new condition for a long time. It wasn't cheap but it works great. I only wish I'd bought it sooner.
I guess that makes me an Echo man too.

Wow pretty much nailed it. I don't have the patience or spare time to mess with used stuff anymore.
My old Stihl that I bought used 10 or more years ago started running hot last time I used it. So when I needed a chainsaw right away I went and bought a brand new Echo CS-352. Gotta say it's the most boring chainsaw I ever seen or used, but it just works and starts every time and keeps running and never dies. I don't want to do more than keep the chain in tune and that's all I have to do. I really hate it.

Then I bought a CS-490 that I found on sale a couple of weeks ago for a couple of big jobs I've been needing to get done. Only had to use it once so far, but starts easy and is lightweight and powerful. I won't use it a lot, but when I do I love it.

Then I got a brand new PPT-2620 pole saw Friday because I didn't want to buy someone else's problem and I knew I'd likely keep it in like new condition for a long time. It wasn't cheap but it works great. I only wish I'd bought it sooner.
I guess that makes me an Echo man too.
Ha. Ha. Live and learn. Damn I'm lazy. Need a new fuel and impulse line in the old Sthil 026. It weighs about the same as my cs 490. Both saws cut about the same. Power wise , weight etc. except 10 pulls to Start the Sthil, 3 or 4 for the Echo AND the Echo just looks purdier.
The very old Sthil 024 much cleaner than the 026, about the same weight but cuts slower. The 024 has a metal clutch cover and Front screw (like all older saws had) chain tensioner. That tiny metal V spring to kill the engine broke but saw runs great. Never use them. Some guy was going to buy one but he didn't believe the saws were good because he had no Idea some cold Sthils don't start as easy as the Echo's. I know a guy that wants the 026. If, I replace those lines, tune the carb AND maybe rebuild the carb I can get 250 . Fair price but then they want to haggle me down to 100. I'd take 200 for both saws but thats AS IS. The parts are already on hand so I'd pass them. Well except that V spring. I haven't c bought it yet. May not. May just let em sit. I've got an old Eager Beaver needing new oil lines, gas lines maybe carb. Not gonna mess with that either. I guess in 15 years all the old saws will meet the city dump. That 352 Echo is carried Daily on the ATV. I pull a small trailer through the woods and cut small trees, vines, stumps , downed logs, whatever blocks the path. I love that saw so much that If I could Square Dance I'd propose. Good night.

Well I broke the NEW Echo streak today and bought a used Maruyama HT2321DLR-CA hedge trimmer for $69.28.

It was a $475 machine new and a similar Echo would have cost me $300 or more.

It had been sitting on the shelf at a pawn shop for over a year and was now surrounded by a half dozen Echo’s. I took it outside and it started up after about 10 pulls even with the year old gas, and started first pull when I got it home and then cut a couple of waaay overgrown boxwoods down to size.

I guess it just doesn’t have the name recognition.

And I didn’t want to spend a bunch of money on a hedge trimmer because it would have cut into my budget for the next NEW Echo, a CS-2511T.

But I’m thinkin I’ll keep my old Stihl 009L and try and fix’r up if it don’t cost too much. I just love the configuration on that little 40cc thumper.

Latest posts

Back