TimberPro saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silvan

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi there, I'm looking for a good cheap saw for some bigger cutting jobs and have found a timberpro saw with 24" bar at a very good price indeed. Anyone any experience with these saws? Are they good and reliable?

Chinese but i don't have any issue with them they have different badges but many of them are from the same manufacturer I've ran a couple of the 62cc and 52cc they ran good my neighbors had a 52cc for a few years it's his firewood saw never had a problem with it. Check youtube theres several review videos i wouldn't hesitate if i needed another saw.

My brother inlaw had the 62cc. It cut pretty good but had very little anti-vibe. He sold it, bought a 562 and never looked back.
One thing that was bad about that timber pro was saw dust would always get past the air filter and into the carb. I'm not sure how long the saw would have lasted him but it worked fine while he had it.

Don't know how good a price you've found but if it were me, I'd find a good used saw from a reputable manufacturer before buying one of those.
In the end, when all is said and done, you most always get what you pay for.

They seem to have decent reviews online. I read a lot of the bad reviews they are many operator error just based on reading things like the saw starts after 15 pulls or the chain dulled after 2 minutes of use. I would have never bought my old ryobi if I based purchases off a review like the saw died when I turned it sideways so it's a piece of junk. I've got a 52cc chicom saw and I works nice.

Another positive is like my friend told me he bought a couple of them for his business after getting his huskys stolen from his work truck for the second time in the past couple of years they do the job just fine and it won't hurt as bad if something does happen. He gave around 125.00 per saw for the 62cc.

Yea I've found the 62cc 24" at £119 ...seems crazy. I know you usually do get what you pay for, and the reviews are a bit hit and miss but could well be operator error. I can't really afford much more than that and all the reputable brands seem to be quite a lot more than that for something of a similar size even second hand so I was curious to hear peoples experiences here.

If you can afford it I would rather buy a echo 590. Great quality for it's price.

About the chinese zenoah clones, the guys who know how to use chainsaws, seldom if ever have defects as far as I have read in german forums.

I'm totally skint :) so with a 2 year warranty, it's sounding kinda good. Still a big part of me says when something's that cheap it's surely a piece of nonsense! But I'll be sure to write a review if I end up getting one.

Someone I know has a big Husky (365... I think) and it's always going wrong. Tho he is a bit cursed with power tools haha it made me think how bad can this one be. Said husky gets used mainly by me for bigger jobs round the estate here, but gets stored in his shed where he likes to 'tinker' tho he never actually uses them on the job, also gets used occasionally by other folk too. It's always a disaster and I always end up getting the blame. I'm getting a bit sick of it now as my saws are always fine stashed safely in my shed, used and cared for only by me. Coincidence perhaps, but probably not.

2 year warranty...where would you get it serviced under warranty? Something to consider.

In my experience, 2-series Husqvarnas can be had for wicked good prices, especially if it isn't one of the few trendy hotrod models (262, 272, 288). These are proven machines with decades of honest, professional work on their resume. You might want to consider going that route versus a Chinese saw of unknown origin and questionable parts availability.

Another thing to consider is the power output. The 62cc models have hardly the power numbers of a quality 50cc saw. So If you already have such a quality 50 cc model I would completely ignore the 60cc chinese class.

Another positive is like my friend told me he bought a couple of them for his business after getting his huskys stolen from his work truck for the second time in the past couple of years they do the job just fine and it won't hurt as bad if something does happen. He gave around 125.00 per saw for the 62cc.

Nothing screams professionalism as an outfit with knock off chainsaws! Do yourself a favor and buy a proper saw, one that you can get parts for, one that will last you a lifetime. If you were closer I would let you have whatever you want in the bin out back at work, knockoff saws galore. A MS250 with the Piltz hot rod kit will amaze you... :eek:

Haha! Well I have a husky 254, my alternataive to buying the cheap **** was to but a bigger bar for it, and have been advised about 20" would be themax for general all round purpose...maybe I'll just do that. Thanks :)

You have a 254 and even think about something like that? Come on be serious! If you want to use the chinese for stumping, ok but all else compared to what you have is sad!

The 62cc TimberPro is the project saw I'd like to mess with next. Based on the G5000 it should be light, and it is stroked and I'd like to play with a longer stroke engine. I stayed away from this series as they came with WT carbs, which limits the size, but @nenicu has pointed out that they've used a larger carb. It should also take the 0.325" bars and chains from my Poulan 2775, which I would then convert to 3/8 lo pro. I bet I could make it run pretty well.

However, it would cost my about $200 to get one, and parts will be a problem in the states - especially since there are enough differences between the 62cc version and the 50/52cc clones that many will not interchange. Considering how my G621 clone runs at probably only 1lb more I really can't justify it.

Clone or not.....my 62cc starts first or second pull consistantly......be sure to keep your mix 40 or 50:1

20150517-001b.png 20150703-001.jpg20150703-003.jpg

Silver Maple 0 vs TimberPro 1

timberpro.png

The provided chains are not the best quality, had to take a file to mine quite often during the cut.
I've since upgraded my bar and chain to an Oregon set.

This summer took down quite a few Ash, Elm & Hawthorn for a friend.....Saw works consistently well
for some decent cuts. Heavy for smaller limbing and bucking (but I have a Maruyama with a 12" set for that as
well as a Jonsered 2240)

cleanup-a.png cleanup-b.png

Timberpro has served me well for a couple years now......I've been quite surprised with the performance for a lower
priced saw.

Nothing screams professionalism as an outfit with knock off chainsaws! Do yourself a favor and buy a proper saw, one that you can get parts for, one that will last you a lifetime. If you were closer I would let you have whatever you want in the bin out back at work, knockoff saws galore. A MS250 with the Piltz hot rod kit will amaze you... :eek:

We mostly got it for the hired hand to use.20161211_175243.jpg

Latest posts

Back