timberwolf tw5

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lawson's tree s

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
saw a used tw5 on easternshore craigslist under wood splitter. guy is asking 3,000 does it sound like a good deal. what do they run new? this one has a 6 way wedge. not interested in buying but it might be a good deal.

saw a used tw5 on easternshore craigslist under wood splitter. guy is asking 3,000 does it sound like a good deal. what do they run new? this one has a 6 way wedge. not interested in buying but it might be a good deal.

Fully loaded out the door $8200

TW5
Log lift
wedge lift
4way wedge
6way wedge
Table Grate

$3000 is a smoking deal...almost to good....;)

splitter

go look at it may be a good deal for 3k good luck

Very good

As long as there is no significant damage to the frame, cylinder mounts or wedge, everything else is a pretty easy fix if there are issues. At $3000 you could still spend $750 to $800 on a refurb and still be way ahead of the game, even if you just wanted to flip it.

Personally I think the older, last year's and previous models are far more desirable as they have the the auto-cycle feature.

Take Care

3K is a decent deal; and for newer splitters without the auto-cycle it's not a very expensive upgrade at all. has to replace it on my TW-7.

I payed 7500 for a demo with 6 way 4 way and table grate so 3k sounds like a good deal. And not much if anything goes wroung with them. And any of the hoses or valves you can go to your local parts store and get. And the motors run stong too.

My buddy picked this one up - got it for 2300 -home made table and 6 way wedge kohler 12hp(motor runs great)

its well used and needs some stuff -

needs new sides and wear bars on push block - 40 bucks
seal kit for cylinder and one of the valves - 90 bucks
new wedge cylinder - 150 bucks - might just re seal for a lot less
lever for wedge cylinder control 30 bucks
few other misc parts nm

everything will be less than 300 if we rebuild the wedge cylinder

some red paint for the oil tank and some stickers and this bad boy will be perfect !

Back