Trail work, Husqvarna brush axe

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anlrolfe

Honor GOD, Country and Corps
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
My son has been doing some trail work in a nature conservancy, using hand tools to clear and maintain trails and remove invasive growth. He primarily uses a mattock and loppers. I'm looking to get him his own tools and been looking at Sandvik & Husqvarna brush axe with replaceable blades. He travels light and lean. What are your thoughts and recommendations.
20200126_091220.jpg

How big of diameter is the honeysuckle? That is not ideal for bigger diameter stuff...

For smaller stuff, those are great!

Most rather small, less than 1". Area was canvassed and cut 2yrs ago. They are doing routine sweeps, typically cutting 3/4" and smaller. This seems like a handy tool for small stuff. Just wanting input from anyone with experience. I have an Ontario machete, military style, that I've used in the past but they are much easier to do personal harm. Maybe that's 1-concern.

My understanding is yes. The surround area also suffers. Between dormant and migrating seed it will probably be a constant battle. Any way to make it goat salad, rotate fence and feeding areas? They'd probably eat more good than bad.

555fx.jpg

Back