Trail work, Husqvarna brush axe

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anlrolfe

Honor GOD, Country and Corps
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
My son has been doing some trail work in a nature conservancy, using hand tools to clear and maintain trails and remove invasive growth. He primarily uses a mattock and loppers. I'm looking to get him his own tools and been looking at Sandvik & Husqvarna brush axe with replaceable blades. He travels light and lean. What are your thoughts and recommendations.
20200126_091220.jpg

Most rather small, less than 1". Area was canvassed and cut 2yrs ago. They are doing routine sweeps, typically cutting 3/4" and smaller. This seems like a handy tool for small stuff. Just wanting input from anyone with experience. I have an Ontario machete, military style, that I've used in the past but they are much easier to do personal harm. Maybe that's 1-concern.

My understanding is yes. The surround area also suffers. Between dormant and migrating seed it will probably be a constant battle. Any way to make it goat salad, rotate fence and feeding areas? They'd probably eat more good than bad.

555fx.jpg

Back