Velocity Stacks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HUSKYMAN

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
How do these increase performance--by "straightening" the air as it goes into the carb? Do they have to be used without an air filter or does a K&N type filter go on top? Any pictures would be appreciated.

whell here is a test you can do to show how those stacks work. blow lightly on your hand note how hard it is. now blow through a funnel the same exact way and notice how much more concetrated the stream is. the way that the stacks work is that it takes more air and jams it into your engine. i have one on my 360 homelite and it has a k&n sitting on top of it and it works just fine.

Last edited:
550 homedelight

Hello Jonathan,
Nice photo. Is that homelite with the 2 carbs in the top of the photo a 450 or 550 homelite?
Enclosed a picture of my 3120 with a 360 tillotson carb.
Huskyman, this is one method to use to straighten out the airflow or increase the air flow to a motor and make more power

homelight super easy

Hello jonathan,
I know you didn't think I finished with your super easy. Its almost ready for the clearwater revival in British Columbia. Just have to adjust the nitrous selonoids to fire together. sent a photo of your super easy.
ken

Hi Ken, That saw with the two carbs is the legendary "Red Beast" that you trickedout for me. The super easy is looking good, remember I need that saw with a 36" bar with .404" full comp chain. Are you sure it will out cut a stock 088. Just checking, Thanks, Jonathan

Hi There Fellas, how's it goin? I was particularly envious of the saw that Ken has done for Jonathan and thought I would do the same on my 088. Do I need to call a chimney sweep to clean out the creosote?
John

super easy hot saw

Hello Jonathan and john,
Had to put a 10 pin sprocket on it to keep from throwing the 404 chain. started with a different pipe but had to change to that pipe with a muffler. it was just to loud! Once you get past 17500 rpm and hit the nitrous button it does get a little pipey. I think it will stay with john's 088 stihl. john, as soon as you hit the button all the creosote is gone
Ken

Back