Walbro WJ-69 ( fuel barb removing ?? )

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diesel&coffee

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Good day all

Anyone have any tips or tricks in taking out the fuel barb brass insert??? Or does it come out easily ??

I sprayed some b blaster a few times 24 hours ago..

1x.jpg

Just use pliers & wiggle the stub back & forth while you’re pulling out.

Don’t put that black plastic “value engineered” POS elbow, that’s laying by the carb, back in it.

Get a Walbro 128-152 steel elbow and be done with it. Stihl equal is 1117-122-3901 or -3900, can’t remember shiite.

Don’t put that black plastic “value engineered” POS elbow, that’s laying by the carb, back in it.

Get a Walbro 128-152 steel elbow and be done with it. Stihl equal is 1117-122-3901 or -3900, can’t remember shiite.

Thanks

I was looking for a all metal barb in the beginning - don't ask how I ended up getting two of those...

As for getting the old one out - I will do that after I put dry ice on the part for a bit.. I must admit I have used the freezer
at times - but never thought about dry ice. Someone mentioned dry ice - I may never look back lol.//

you've already ****ed the plastic so clamp it with some vice grips and twist/pull it out of there. they are hard to get out without wrecking the plastic but the way it is there it will come out easy

The elbow can be removed but if you try to remove that splined fitting you'll probably ruin the carb.

once the plastic and the splined brass separate the fitting is junk so he has to remove it. the black one in the pick is how the new part comes and installs easily, they are only pressed in. just hard not to wreck the plastic getting one out though. i change them to the 394 brass tube style if one separates or cracks.

SIR RANDY - You / or anyone / happen to know a straight version of the 128-152 brass elbow... Like found on a WS-26 or WS-11 fuel inlet.
Will post pix in a bit.. I am looking / trying ..

128-152-1 is zinc plated steel, not brass.

I’ll check the Walbro catalog for a part number, but have you called V. E. Petersen’s in Ohio?, they can tell you real quickly what’s available.

Edit-Walbro catalog does not show the inlet fitting separately for either carb, so you’ll need to call VEP to confirm, but should be a 128-168-1.

If you want to custom make a straight one, you can get a Stihl 0000 988 5211 fitting for the impulses on many saws & turn it down.

128-152-1 is zinc plated steel, not brass.

I’ll check the Walbro catalog for a part number, but have you called V. E. Petersen’s in Ohio?, they can tell you real quickly what’s available.

Edit-Walbro catalog does not show the inlet fitting separately for either carb, so you’ll need to call VEP to confirm, but should be a 128-168-1.

If you want to custom make a straight one, you can get a Stihl 0000 988 5211 fitting for the impulses on many saws & turn it down.

Thank you Sir... Looks like I randomly picked the right number. RC Racing forum has a thread on Walbro parts - what I don't like is Walbro
doesn't seem to have pictures with all the parts. Makes looking around almost impossible.

I picked 128-168-1 randomly to look lol..

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gas...fuel-intake-nipple-walbro-carb.html?styleid=7

Couldn’t see any pictures there.

Sometimes the power equipment manufacturer lists them on their carb breakdowns, & Walbro won’t.

What are the two WS carbs you referred to used on?

Couldn’t see any pictures there.

Sometimes the power equipment manufacturer lists them on their carb breakdowns, & Walbro won’t.

What are the two WS carbs you referred to used on?

There was no pictures in link - but there was a wonderful list of walbro numbers..

My WS-11 and WS-26.. Hmmmm STIHL 075 / 076 Super of course..

ws-11-26.jpg ws-11-26xx.jpg

I thought those all ran HS 60D Tillotsons, but that’s easy to find, the same Tilly FP end plate fitting is used on all the Stihl 041 series HS carbs, 1110 121 0815. The press in fittings are the same size between Walbro & Tilly.

I've been looking for a ws26 for years. Don't see them around too often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I thought those all ran HS 60D Tillotsons, but that’s easy to find, the same Tilly FP end plate fitting is used on all the Stihl 041 series HS carbs, 1110 121 0815. The press in fittings are the same size between Walbro & Tilly.

Well in the HS parts manual on the HS 138B - the inlet "fulcrum pin" ( 32-78 ) is straight and yes straight / no barbs ... Would work - but wishing a barb fitting

Back