were can i get free oak pallets near lebanon,pa area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunny100

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
were can i find free oak pallets near lebanon,pa area

and im looking for thick oak and other hard wood scrap wood

all to be cut up for firewood

We rent out an apartment that is above the parts rooms of the shop to a guy. His girlfriend comes by every once in a while and I try to go hide it act like I'm super busy working on something.
Every DAMN time it's always wanting firewood or lumber for "free or cheap". It's bad enough we all call her "free or cheap" instead of her name.

Worse part about it, this summer we hauled about 30 cords off a clearing job and someone went in and stole several cords. Bastards cut the frigging middle out of the pile too, so there was 2-3 cords worth of logs that were around 2-4ft long.

I didn't feel like spending the time to clean up the mess, was just poplar anyhow. So.. she happened to come by... hmmm.. light bulb!

We give that wood to her, even wasted time driving out there to show her. Told her it needed to be gone by the following week. "oh yeah, oh yeah, no problem, wow this is awesome, thanks"

2 weeks go by and the contractor that was doing the dirt work called to see what the deal was with the wood.
Yup, she never bothered to haul the wood off.
"Oh, sorry, I got busy" Mind you she has no job that I know of, aka, all the free time in the world. Never mind didn't have the courtesy to say anything...like "Hey I'm real sorry guys, but I'm not going to be able to pickup that wood"

We ended up having to go out there with the 2 1 tons to pick up all that ****, and I kid you not, she actually had the balls to ask if we could load it back up and drop it off at her house when she saw the wood dumped in a pile at the shop. I told her she was fawking nuts!

I thought the majority of pallets were constructed of toxic if burnt treated rot proofed"**** Wood" the engineering works just up the road gets in & sends out hundreds of bits of kit on them & they are none AFAIK that are hard wood & if they were surely there would be a market for returns for some enterprising company rather than scrap & have to make replacements The other thing that creases me up is why should some one do all the leg work to enable some one else to without any effort to obtain wood FOC & Hard wood to boot "Only the Best Quality" not any ****** stuff which is usually what "Freebie is " My mind boggles that fok ask were can I get quality hard wood cut,split, hauled & stacked FOR FREE Now I'm up with if you don't ask you will not get but the expecting a free lunch every day & having it cooked & delivered I always find it funny to see the expressions on the scroungers faces at his replies

Latest posts

Back