whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We’ve generally gotten the coupler thing dialed in with my Giant, but with the hotter, more sunny weather coming that’s when it can be worse. Occasionally, if left out in sun, the couplers lock right up, like a big dude can’t even get it to budge. It’s rare, but that’s when I’ll have to take a coupler off to release the pressure. Do you think that tool could push through that without breaking? If it could I would buy one.
I’m not sure, but kinda doubt it. It’s just a Irwin clamp with his own designed claws/clamps. If you shoot him an email and ask, he’ll get right back to you.

https://neoequipment.com/

I first saw it on a guy's equipment channel and he seemed to think it worked and they have sold 179 and are sold out so my feelings are it likely works. Just got to find out when they are not sold out and I'm ready to take a chance. Will email him.

We’ve generally gotten the coupler thing dialed in with my Giant, but with the hotter, more sunny weather coming that’s when it can be worse. Occasionally, if left out in sun, the couplers lock right up, like a big dude can’t even get it to budge. It’s rare, but that’s when I’ll have to take a coupler off to release the pressure. Do you think that tool could push through that without breaking? If it could I would buy one.
Does your Giant have A/C? Man what a pleasure and the heat will be nice in dead winter too in this Bobcat I just got. Gonna get a plow for it too .

Nasty crack there. Cabled or not when the crack starts to migrate to the outside of the limb/leader the whole fkn thing can fall off WITHOUT folding off but rather by the bottom just detaching and the whole piece falling to earth like a fkn dart sticking in the ground..danger danger.

Yeah, local club in my neighborhood. I used to fish in this river when I was a kid. It’s all nature preserve. Just a nine hole club, but all my customers are members and one of my best friends just got promoted to superintendent or whatever, so is cool. We’re actually set up on the sixth tee with water lines and sprinklers and whatever else down there. See how much destruction we can do getting that beast down today. Lol. Probably not gonna be too pretty.

And yeah, it is hairy. What’re you gonna do, right? No guts, no glory!! Lol
14E82FB2-4CDD-43F5-BB89-61D90E791C2C.jpegF1B052E9-5817-4683-ABE2-E7B8DC4B1641.jpegCEF16DA0-B1C4-45FA-9129-C2149CB47460.jpeg1A3C5F3A-3067-421B-A4F5-1AEFBE5D5D86.jpeg

Does your Giant have A/C? Man what a pleasure and the heat will be nice in dead winter too in this Bobcat I just got. Gonna get a plow for it too .

It has A/C but it has been out for a year or so (ever since I had the roof panels replaced from the second “incident”. I can just never be without it long enough to get it fixed. Gonna do it this year somehow though! Was really nice.

Bought a new 462CM today. Haven't even started it yet. Not sure what I'm going to think about the on/off/choke switch. Sounds like it might either be great or suck big time.

One thing I noticed today at the saw shop is that every single new saw had air filter covers that had to be taken off with a screw driver instead of the regular knob. I get that the covers come off once in a while on the trim saws where you have about a half a turn on the knob to lock them down. But why do that on the larger saws? It's not that big of a deal but it seems like they must have had a reason to do that.

Bought a new 462CM today. Haven't even started it yet. Not sure what I'm going to think about the on/off/choke switch. Sounds like it might either be great or suck big time.

One thing I noticed today at the saw shop is that every single new saw had air filter covers that had to be taken off with a screw driver instead of the regular knob. I get that the covers come off once in a while on the trim saws where you have about a half a turn on the knob to lock them down. But why do that on the larger saws? It's not that big of a deal but it seems like they must have had a reason to do that.
I HATE the screw drive covers. Mine are all like that.

Transformed some norway spruce into wood chips.

Jason is a second year climber. I was out bidding at the time but I heard he went for quite a ride when the ground guy did not "let it run."

Seeing lots of Rhizospheria Needle cast around here in Norways. Pine Bark Adelgid is making a big comeback too.
1621106840800.png

1621106993762.png

We planted 10 Bracken Brown Beauty magnolias in a day and a half's work Thu and Fri and netted $5k plus (over $200. per man hour). Nursery loaded all ten 30 gal. 10' trees in my f800 20' flat low boy dump, drove to the job and unloaded them with the Dingo and ball squeezer (beware of the ball squeezer). Dropped the ball squeezer and put on the auger and 36" auger bit and dug all 10 holes in about 2 hours. Replaced auger with the ball squeezer again and took all 10 trees up the grade and centered them over the hole and dropped them in after taking the pot off.

Pushed the dirt half way full in each hole, watered them to pudding then backed filled the rest of the way and watered again. Built little retention mounds around each planting with the extra dirt then covered the ball tops with degraded wood chips from the lot. Cha ching. Client and neighbors were amazed how it all went down and praised the beauty of the screen planting. We had removed a row of Spruce with needle cast and one with cytospora canker and ground the stumps for a nice pay day the week before.

Cam work a bit shoddy with one hand....

Back