whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How to get some lift on a limb being lowered without getting suckered into buying a GRCS (Great Rigging Control System) at over $2k...

Go to a tree trunk (or your truck) near the tree you are working on and install an anchor/choker.
Extend a come a long all the way out and attach it to the anchor.
Attach a porty to the other end of the come a long and wrap your lowering line around (and lock it off on the ears) AFTER pre tensioning the piece...after running it thru a
a pulley ...installed over the piece to tip tie it for lift. But first...

Attach an anchor to the base of the tree you are lowering in and install a pulley on the base and run that lowering line thru it (snatch block pulley will open up to install the line without threading it).
We now have 2 mechanical advantages.
Crank up the come a long and the piece tip will easily rise up just like it would with the GRCS.

After the limb is cut off and time to lower, just release the locks on the lowering line at the porty and lower it from there with whatever friction necessary left on the porty.

How to get some lift on a limb being lowered without getting suckered into buying a GRCS (Great Rigging Control System) at over $2k...

Go to a tree trunk (or your truck) near the tree you are working on and install an anchor/choker.
Extend a come a long all the way out and attach it to the anchor.
Attach a porty to the other end of the come a long and wrap your lowering line around (and lock it off on the ears) AFTER pre tensioning the piece...after running it thru a
a pulley ...installed over the piece to tip tie it for lift. But first...

Attach an anchor to the base of the tree you are lowering in and install a pulley on the base and run that lowering line thru it (snatch block pulley will open up to install the line without threading it).
We now have 2 mechanical advantages.
Crank up the come a long and the piece tip will easily rise up just like it would with the GRCS.

After the limb is cut off and time to lower, just release the locks on the lowering line at the porty and lower it from there with whatever friction necessary left on the porty.

Sounds remarkably simple. Lol

I talked to Good Time Charlie today. He told me "his guys" are "just sooo tired of working on dead ash trees". It's all they do!! I didn't say much but I was thinking....none of you guys had ever even ran a saw before September of last year so I'm not sure how you are burned out on anything. I'm over these guys.

I talked to Good Time Charlie today. He told me "his guys" are "just sooo tired of working on dead ash trees". It's all they do!! I didn't say much but I was thinking....none of you guys had ever even ran a saw before September of last year so I'm not sure how you are burned out on anything. I'm over these guys.

It really is too much sometimes. Lol.

GTC is riding high. The New Yorkers have invaded. Apparently they rake now too because I haven’t been able to even get a rake at the local hardware store. Plenty of $800 Yeti coolers though. There’s gay pride signs on front lawns “everyone is welcome here”. I mean who cares!!?? I’ve never seen people so bored and useless. I miss the old days.,

Just some random observations..

My town is still covered in all the signs too. Leftists came in and took over local city council the election before the sham national steal and changed the sign laws in a secret vote from only 2 signs, 3'x3', must be relevant to the election and only 30 days before election and removed the DAY AFTER election to ...any number of signs, any time, any content, any size. Who gives a fk what these pervs do in their bedroom in the dark of night?

This is how GTC generally operates...bass ackwards...

I liked this but really wanted to dislike this jealousy
My buddy that was fishing with me left a couple days early so didn’t get a lot of pictures of the good fish. Caught a bunch of 4 lb range smallmouth. Some nice large mouth. And limited out everyday on 12-13” crappies. Been doing this fishing trip for 20 years with the same group of 6 guys including my dad.

My town is still covered in all the signs too. Leftists came in and took over local city council the election before the sham national steal and changed the sign laws in a secret vote from only 2 signs, 3'x3', must be relevant to the election and only 30 days before election and removed the DAY AFTER election to ...any number of signs, any time, any content, any size. Who gives a fk what these pervs do in their bedroom in the dark of night?

This is how GTC generally operates...bass ackwards...

Yeah...I've had a few calls from them wanting to buy equipment from me. I've had guys want to rent equipment from me. I had one guy call earlier this week who told me he was just starting out and he realized he "bit off more than he can chew" and he wanted me to give him a price to clean up the train wreck he bombed into this yard. Nope.....to all of them. And the last guy who bit off more than he could chew? I bid that job and gave them a great price. They picked this other guy. Why should I bail either of them out? I didn't. But if I would have.....I would have charged much more than my original bid to clean up that sh*t show.

My buddy that was fishing with me left a couple days early so didn’t get a lot of pictures of the good fish. Caught a bunch of 4 lb range smallmouth. Some nice large mouth. And limited out everyday on 12-13” crappies. Been doing this fishing trip for 20 years with the same group of 6 guys including my dad.
Looks like you got a nice Northern in the pict (not a musky I don't think).

I snagged a nice job from some mongrel GTC’s earlier. Three 85’ to 90’ maples they probably would’ve had to climb due to location and their 45 - 50’ little bucket’s reach. Got more money and should be able to get all three from one setup with the Omme off to the side and chipper pushed right into a sweet spot (on plywood, of course) with the Super-Giant. Like taking candy from a beginner... I mean baby. Lol

Back