whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are GTCs? You mean "bucket babies"?

We just launched our new website. www.treemasterllc.com. It's much improved from our old one. If you guys ever need a new website I highly recommend enter.net. They do quite a few tree company websites

Golly gee, man, try and keep up. It’s a reference to all these good times start ups out there these days. I think it was vet that called them sunny day tree services a while back. Same thing.

As far as the bucket baby thing goes, I’m not sure why anyone would want to climb a tree if they could do it with hydraulics... unless maybe to saw twigs and install wires (but really not feeling that)... or crane work. It’s called progress.. evolution, whatever. Heck, I guess I’m a bucket baby lol. With 375k in the most bad ass state of the art aerial lifts at my disposal, you betcha!!:laugh:

Nice website!:drinkingcoffee:

Golly gee, man, try and keep up. It’s a reference to all these good times start ups out there these days. I think it was vet that called them sunny day tree services a while back. Same thing.

As far as the bucket baby thing goes, I’m not sure why anyone would want to climb a tree if they could do it with hydraulics... unless maybe to saw twigs and install wires (but really not feeling that)... or crane work. It’s called progress.. evolution, whatever. Heck, I guess I’m a bucket baby lol. With 375k in the most bad ass state of the art aerial lifts at my disposal, you betcha!!:laugh:

There is no question you have amazing equipment but does the Altec ever get to go out?. Would like to see some picts and specs on that. Bet you miss that 65' 4x4 Altec puddle jumper you sold (Stubbs) sometimes just because of how tight they are and short turning radius. I have a 75' Teco (long wheel base) but my 65' Altec puddle jumper handles just about anything...then the Teco goes out or climb off the crane up to 150' with jib if nec. and it also has a bucket attachment without controls but we use the headsets and pedestal controls sometimes . But you got that spider lift with 90'. What gets your Altec out of the lot at 75' reach?

What are GTCs? You mean "bucket babies"?

We just launched our new website. www.treemasterllc.com. It's much improved from our old one. If you guys ever need a new website I highly recommend enter.net. They do quite a few tree company websites
I think you have a nice site but imo a bit misleading to say you are studying for the BCMA and your helpers are studying for CA. Maybe just list it when you all got it ? Seems to carry more "integrity" as you list as a main component of your business.

There is no question you have amazing equipment but does the Altec ever get to go out?. Would like to see some picts and specs on that. Bet you miss that 65' 4x4 Altec puddle jumper you sold (Stubbs) sometimes just because of how tight they are and short turning radius. I have a 75' Teco (long wheel base) but my 65' Altec puddle jumper handles just about anything...then the Teco goes out or climb off the crane up to 150' with jib if nec. and it also has a bucket attachment without controls but we use the headsets and pedestal controls sometimes . But you got that spider lift with 90'. What gets your Altec out of the lot at 75' reach?

Newer bucket is a terex, Dave. You nailed it though, unfortunately it sits a lot. We use it whenever we can because it’s so nice and fast compared to the lift. Sometimes I just use it to tow things. It’s got a 330hp Cummins and 6:18 gears with the Allison 3500 RDS, so it tows pretty good. I’m thinking my next move is going to be training a guy to run the lift and bucket so we can use both at once. Sort of a prelude to being able to split into two crews when needed. But I like the idea of one super-crew that can split up. If things get slower again just consolidate back into one crew. That’s the eventual plan in my mind anyway. lol.

I was called by a wealthy lady in my town recently. She kissed my ass endlessly on the phone and when I got there. Must have been some bridge talk or cocktail party talk about us. Get there and she is telling me about this tree company and that company while asking for MY opinion. She currently has 4 tree companies working on her property and 4 landscape companies. One, the largest and oldest tree co. in Cinci, 3rd generation, went ballistic when he saw a couple of 4x4 inch wounds on the trunk of her giant oak from a mower, over her house and said she "needed to remove it immediately". She said the guy, 40 ish son of original owner, then called her daughter (to squeal on her about it) who happened to have just bought the richest guy in Cincinnati's (Carl Linder) mansioned estate (big fkn shmeal). Squealed on her mom. What a major league deusche!

I worked on her property for 20 years before her big fat snooty dumb ass bought it.

Anyway she has trees to plant, she has a limb another tree co is coming to remove next week...she points out deadwood in a weeping beech. "Will you come out and take it out?"...."noooo thanks Lady, why not have the guy that is coming out next week remove it". Man!!! Some of these prima donnas deserve GTC's lol.

I had a guy call me about a split maple in his back yard. It's in the back corner and hanging over some utility lines that run along the back of the property. Can't get a truck back there. He was out of state at the time but I went and took a look and left him a couple of messages but he never called back. I noticed last week that someone cut off everything except for the leads that are hanging over the lines (with a large crack in the trunk). They basically took the 3/4 of the tree that they could drop in the yard.

Just happened to drive by this afternoon. It's still the same. Now what are you guys going to do? :D Maybe they gave up.

Oh you're no bucket baby! You've earned your right to it.

I think you have a nice site but imo a bit misleading to say you are studying for the BCMA and your helpers are studying for CA. Maybe just list it when you all got it ? Seems to carry more "integrity" as you list as a main component of your business.
I appreciate the constructive criticism. I had the BCMA exam ready to go for this spring but I postponed it because the season turned into a zoo. I'll have the website folks take that part off until I take the exam in the winter.

I climb a lot more than use the bucket when I can rig large pieces. My back has been killing me working out of the bucket so I climb more now.

Is there a grapple that opens to pick up a 5' dial log or larger? One I got doesn't nor do I think this one does...I guess a root grapple is the one like on my tx1000 dingo...

DA743217-D113-4195-90B3-5D3360B4C620.jpegToday consisted of a large, stone dead Austrian pine in the morning and a couple larger blue spruce for the afternoon (pictured). It’s really a shame how much the various diseases/fungus have decimated these species. A couple years ago it was a ton of Austrian removals, now it’s mostly blue spruce.

Back