whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you took it off your puhssy? (prob won't let me spell it)

Come on down on Mon. around 1 pm. I'll set my big bucket next to the tree climb the rest of the way up and drop a tape measure. But the money goes to the holder before I show you the tree so you can't puhssy out. You will recognize it from the vid which I can play on my phone. C'mon boy ...don't be a puhssy.

Back yard boogie, baby!! Lol. The 250 is beautiful for stuff like this (hyd chute is a nice feature). Even better when they don’t mind broadcasting the chips and want every little piece of round wood left as firewood.

No jet skiing this weekend, I guess. Good thing I’d rather feel like a bad ass old mofo running a tree job lol.
View attachment 911945View attachment 911946View attachment 911947View attachment 911948

Jet skiing? Who do you think you are now? Kenny Powers?

You need a gun...to protect yourself from a guy...with a gun...son. Maybe you live in a fairy tale town.

As tall as the tree is is all you can climb. few feet higher ..what's the dif?

I figure talk some schit ...if you can back it up. Or conversely...do some ****..so you can talk some schit. It all makes life more fun...and less boring.

And me...gonna set up a bucket if I can get there with it..if not I can still climb anything..at 72 years old..anything. But bottom line...buck$...lots of them. Takes away ALL the boredom filling your pockets and let's you buy all kinds of schit you don't remotely need...but you want.

Just curious...what did you all tell yourselves when you LET your government confiscate your guns from you? "it was a buy-back" lmao. Did you buy those guns from your government? pathetic.

You need a gun...to protect yourself from a guy...with a gun...son.

My point exactly....

I grew up with guns as tools, on farms, stations & commercial fishing vessels.

When you have to put down as many animals as I have, or looked down the sights at a 6m white pointer on the Southern Ocean, you see guns as less of a **** measuring instrument & just another tool.

When one of my neighbours lost his marbles recently & starting shooting into street, my first instinct, was not to protect my young family with my gun, but grab an axe handle from my ute & prepare to demobilise the shooter. Another gun in the situation would have increased the chance that someone I knew died that day & someone else would be imprisoned for a long time.

Another subcontractor lost his plot a couple of years back & murdered his family in their sleep, with one of the licensed farm guns.

You can keep your gun collections over there.... I'll happily trade that for the other 'freedoms' we have in Australian society. The sort of everyday firearm related violence & mass shootings I see marring American society are something I'm happy for my kids not to have to face here....

My point exactly....

I grew up with guns as tools, on farms, stations & commercial fishing vessels.

When you have to put down as many animals as I have, or looked down the sights at a 6m white pointer on the Southern Ocean, you see guns as less of a **** measuring instrument & just another tool.

When one of my neighbours lost his marbles recently & starting shooting into street, my first instinct, was not to protect my young family with my gun, but grab an axe handle from my ute & prepare to demobilise the shooter. Another gun in the situation would have increased the chance that someone I knew died that day & someone else would be imprisoned for a long time.

Another subcontractor lost his plot a couple of years back & murdered his family in their sleep, with one of the licensed farm guns.

You can keep your gun collections over there.... I'll happily trade that for the other 'freedoms' we have in Australian society. The sort of everyday firearm related violence & mass shootings I see marring American society are something I'm happy for my kids not to have to face here....
Like I said...you live in a fairy tale world as I suspected. The bad guys are never gonna turn their guns in. Why? Because they are bad guys. And if you think you can immobilize a mass murder, a Jihadist, a drug dealer or just someone breaking in your house...all armed with illegal guns...who takes an interest to how your wife looks...with an axe handle from your ute..then there is my evidence you're living in a dream world. But if you have the kind of luck that gets you through life in that world then good on you. I believe in being prepared. And so did our forefathers and were wise enough to put it in our Constitution for not only those bad guys above but also the bad guys in your government that could load millions of people into train cars heading for the ovens.

I have been to Australia on R and R (rest and relaxation) while serving in the Marines in Vietnam. I also was on a large forum based in Australia for a few years until the owner offended someone that had power and a lot of money and he put him out of business. Ozzies are a great bunch, don't get me wrong. We can disagree. No problem.

Back to business, does anyone’s employees actually impress them? Or are the mostly just almost good but generally disappointing personal ?

Back to business, does anyone’s employees actually impress them? Or are the mostly just almost good but generally disappointing personal ?

I think there’s just a shortage of good tree guys in general. Not many people really have what it takes to tough it out through the learning curve and all that to actually make it to “really good tree guy” status. As much as that sucks from an employer perspective, it’s probably a good thing competition wise. Lol.

I’ve got one kid now that I’m actually impressed with (so far). Could be the needle in the haystack, who knows. I have good hopes for him anyway. And if it doesn’t work out, at least I tried.

I don’t **** around with them too much anymore though, they start down any one of the typical annoying paths that they generally take, they’re gone. After 25 years I know better than to waste my time (and I love finally firing them!!). Next.

Only problem is my accountant is starting to complain about the paperwork when I’m running through them too often. Oh well. I’ll fire her too if I have to. Lol

I have only one groundman and he is amazing. One is all I need. Been through hundreds but I hit the jackpot this time. Bout 2 years now. I am probably a better employer now too (wink emoji).

Back