• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

What have you found in tree's (Bring pic's)

Red Amor

Red Amor

ArboristSite Guru
I've found a few nails of various sizes up to 6" and at various depths the same with fencing wire bolts and chain latches electric wire for fencing some large coach bolts and a stone the tree near and old blue stone gravel quarry another by a river had a round river stone
On occasions when one had sawn at least 2 parts to the centre of the log then hit steal one wonders on one luck particularly when most items were found in logs I was cutting up for favours ;O( BUGGA

A100HVA

A100HVA

ArboristSite Operative
METAL IN WOOD 005.JPG NIGHT 007.JPG METAL IN WOOD 003.JPG Glad these two didn't get together.

here's a flat file I found while out cutting some big white pine.
the old fella out on the landin' say's to me when I came out at lunch" whathchya doin' cutting notches out of the oak firewood for"....so I show him this piece,and he say's to me " I remember poundin' in that file,didya find a long guide bar there too"????...I say's "yup, i'm brining that out at the last hitch of the day"

Topbuilder

Topbuilder

Mouth breathers need not apply.
I found a railroad spike once... with a stump grinder. Lost several teeth and sheared the bolt in one of the pockets. Sorry, no pics. I was too busy conjugating new cuss words...

bigbadbob

bigbadbob

Addicted to ArboristSite
Website
www.google.ca
One old large spruce, there was a couple of dozed 30 cal and down bullets,,found most of those splitting, and a small railway spike that I cut thru,, ate the chain.
BBB

moondoggie

moondoggie

Addicted to ArboristSite
IMG_20160412_083008357.jpg IMG_20160412_082937280.jpg not sure what this is. Found it in a sugar maple next to a tool shed in a 100 year old farm my in-laws bought recently. It has a 1" square hole at one end. It's about 8" long if my memory is correct.

Ted Jenkins

Ted Jenkins

Firewood by TJ
A black bear. The OP asked what my ETA was and I told him then no response. A few minutes latter to find a bear was living in a hollow tree rather young. He did not wait for me to arrive as he shot it before hand thank goodness. Then I found a complete usable and still have come a long. It was galvanized and it was in great shape. It had to be grown over for close to fifty years. Thanks