What size is your shop?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How big it is, is not nearly as important as how big it was. Stuff accumulates and ruins your space.

How do you guys put shops in basements without having the HVAC eventually move the fine dirt to the rest of the house?

I got a 40x36 garage steel building and talk about cluttered up you should see it when I back one of my skidders in there to change oil or something it turns into a disaster area real fast..:D Shops definetly get cluttered fast no matter what you use them for..

Later Rob...

Had a 12x16 shed when I got my house and added a 10x16 lean to on the front. Just enough room to get in the door and to the workbench:D
Prolly have 6 different kinds of machines waiting to be worked on that I've dragged home, between machines I need for work and the bikes I can't seem to get to them.

Originally posted by StIhL MaGnUm
JimL,

That's a nice little shop,and it even comes equipped with a International tractor sweet:D :D

Later Rob...

1964 IH Cub 70. I built a kohler 16 horse motor with a bigggg cam in it, .30 over piston, 4" longer carb spacer, dual carbs, milled my own head out. bigger valves, machined rod, bored out so i could use rod bearings, bigger valve guides, opened up the ports quite a bit. Did alot to it. Puts out some power. no problem runnng the loader I built, even at half throtle. It will run 4 grand all day without a stutter.

I got a little 12 by 12 saw showroom. It is now three walls solid saws to saws. I had to put up some new shelves.

Dagger sent some stuff, and some other program stuff arrived. I won't crow about the romm avialable in the main shop. It needs some clean out.

New Barage

My garage hit max capacity last winter, so this summer I started the new barage. 24x36 16 ft door on front and 8 on back for drive through. Enough space for saws, quads, sleds, wood working equip, and whatever else I need the room for. After 2 years of my girlfriend tearing up my lawn getting her car stuck in the snow I figured I had to do soemthing. Heres me on the roof.

Got a woodshop in the basement, about 1100 square feet. My saws and outdoor toys live in my 14 x 14 shed. Gotta get some power out there, tired of dragging 200 hundred feet of cord to make light, maybe drag a computer cable and satelitte hook-up too.:D

In 1994, I built a 30 x 64 2-story garage. Three 9 x 8 doors. 24 x 30 for a workshop. Heated, fridge, stereo, micro-wave, tv, 30' workbench, urinal, southbend, bridgeport. Three rows of shelves around interior full of rebuilt, older saws(@220). I have @450 other saws and saw parts in the upstairs. I believe in the old saying " a place for everything and everything in its place" The other 40 x 30 section is a 4-car garage. This summer I built another "garage", 24 x 64, 2-story with three 16 x 8 doors. I did not have a "hobby" of collecting old saws in 1994, now I have a building that will be dedicated to saws, the 30 x 64. Maybe a museum type set-up in the 30 x 40 section when we put the cars in the other building. I do have a very understanding wife. In the past month or so have acquired @ 50 saws, including a nice 7G Mall and three 7-55 Mac's, one with a 24" bow :)
Soooo many saws, soooo little time. :cool: Larry

Back