Which wood best for loft floor in tiny house

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd imagine weight is also a concern?

I don't think a 17.5ft height being too hard to stay under. If the trailer is 2ft tall, that gives 15.5ft to play with. 7ft ceiling, 6" floor.

What is the max height coming from? Here we have to be under 15ft. Over needs permits and pilot cars.

You might want to double check your legal height limit....or your math
Here in BC max is 4.15 meter (13.6') , I dont see your province adding an additional 4'??

You might want to double check your legal height limit....or your math
Here in BC max is 4.15 meter (13.6') , I dont see your province adding an additional 4'??

The height limit here to be on the road with out a permit is 14' 6"
The width limit with out a permit is 8'6"

17'6" is the max height with out needing a complicated permitting process. Below that height you are supposed to have permits and such but you will fit under any recently engineered over head. Over that and they design your route and you have to have some fairly complicated caravan of
I don't expect to move the tiny house more than once every 3 or 5 years so I would rather have extra width (building to about 10'3" and extra height and endure a bit more process to move.
The permits are not expensive, just a bit of effort to arrange.

A few blocks from my house they build giant pressure vessels and they have to pull all the overhead electric wires and turn the streetlights sideways so they don't over hang the roadway when they move those. It is quite amazing to see something of that size moving down the roadway. I think they max out at about 5mph on the whole trip with those.

Back