Wildthing Races at GTG's.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check YouTube

I added two poorly done videos of my WTx. "T" and I are not a good video team but at least you can see and hear it run! This may be it for now as I want to save it for our GTG.........Bob

I busted the intake on my wildthing just a few days before the west ky gtg changing the carb. I didn't get to take it and dominate the 40cc class in the cant race. :(

Well that gave me an excuse to go back in looking for MORE POWER!!!!!!

I had .035 squish, on a saw this small I like to get it down to .020 But the wildthing is a clamshell saw, that makes it a bit tougher. I could have a popup welded on to increase compression. I didn't much like that because the piston is plated and the heat from welding could cause it to peel off. The other option is something I've wanted to try for quite a while.

I milled .045 off the bottom of the jug/case.

attachment.php

Here's a shot of the boost ports I added last time I was in here.

attachment.php

After a heck of a setup job on the milling table I used a boring bar to raise and center the crankshaft.

attachment.php

I turned a .035 popup on the piston which left me .020 squish. (batteries died in my camera, I'll get a pic of it tomorrow) I ended up with an intake duration of 162° and I raised the exhaust port up to the same duration. After checking the compression I still had 160 psi!!! I only had 140 psi before I started and the exhaust was just at 145°.

More info on the progress when I get more done, hopefully I'll get a video of it in a day or two.

DAM nuts!!! Randy, you are my hero!!!! :rock::rock::clap: I've finally noticed someone achieve this! may not be the 1st, but the 1st i've seen...

I want to build a super 200t, or a 338-200t eater. this is the ticket. I had the idea, but NO ACCESS to real tools :(

J

Welp Jay, to be honest I just have too much time on my hands. I'm a tinkerer and enjoy doing things that a lot of guys think ain't worth the trouble.

Welp Jay, to be honest I just have too much time on my hands. I'm a tinkerer and enjoy doing things that a lot of guys think ain't worth the trouble.

SUPER!

I'm in the same boat as you... SOMETIMES I really should barter my time more appropriately... BUT :dunno: OH WELL!

on a side-note...this is the SAME way they perform a line-bore on a auto, (or other 4-stroke) etc motor...

good stuff!! :rock:

J

I'm glad you did. I was wondering where I had posted the info about raising the crank on my wilderthang.

Randy, how does the epoxy hold up to the heat cycles on the jug? What did you do for a career? Work at a machine shop?

Randy, how does the epoxy hold up to the heat cycles on the jug? What did you do for a career? Work at a machine shop?

The epoxy has been holding up for.......say 40 cuts. LOL

This saw doesn't have any fins on the flywheel and is just a toy. I have seen epoxy hold up on work saws in some repairs though.

I work in a small shop here at home porting and repairing saws, weedeaters, etc....

I have a mini lathe and a milling table mounted on a heavy duty 3/4" drill press to do light milling. All you really need is a good imagination to find a way to do any thing you want.

Here's a video of my wildthing. Arrowhead's is crazy fast, but this saw is impressive. I've advanced the ignition timing a couple of degrees since this one was made. It seems to help too.

[video=youtube;dFlXTRLohq4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFlXTRLohq4[/video]

Page 38 has ARROWHEADS piped WildThing and the pics of MASTERMINDS external transfer ports and big old Tilliston carb. I sure hope that SUBHUNTER finds this thread, After reading all the pages again (3rd time) I GOTTA FIND A WILD THING!!!!!

Oh dear... this thread is making me want to get that little WoodShark going and throwing chips...

I'd run that ##### at the edge... it'd be insanely loud, fast, and ported...

I just checked my CL and there is one on there for 75 but thats about 70 more than Id like to pay for a poulan. I gotta go buy my buddies Johny red dealership and see if he has any dead ones laying around.

Am I correct in assuming you have a 2375 and not a strato 4018?

I've had both. In the video above that is a 2375. The 2375 in 42cc is the one to build. I would like to find another to build mildly for limbing, they are really good saws if taken care properly.

found it!!

Well after I got to tearing into the original WT I realized I had both the 36cc and 42cc. Both came from the same guy. 42cc is a gray craftsman. I got the green one carved up and it does run and cut but not too well. I know I went to high on the exhaust. Its at 166 duration and intake is at 162. Compression is not that great but it does sound mean if anything else... ROFL I am going to give the gray one a go next. Both these saws were in decent shape, needed fuel lines and the craftsman needs the starter pulley. If I had the means to make a pop up and get the compression higher on the little one it would run better, I think.

Boy this thread is long when you start at the begining:hmm3grin2orange:

I always thought my WT ran pretty good. I did a single 1/2" shark gill for a muffler mod. I didn't check before this but with slight 4 stroking it has 13,160 RPM. Surprisingly it has 150psi warm in stock form.

I might have to build a pipe for it for fun.....I can build it but have no idea on how to dimension it...is there a web site or someplace that can help with the calculations? If practicle, I'd build a blow thru carb for a turbo! I can do a 4bbl holley...do you think a Holley 2300 350cfm 2bbl would work??!!?? lol:chainsawguy:lol

Shaker, you should do a search for the equation. Ive seen it on here a couple of times, I think you gotta look over in the hot saw posts. Im building one right now for another saw, its a strato saw and Im wondering how its gonna respond to the pipe. Good luck

I always thought my WT ran pretty good. I did a single 1/2" shark gill for a muffler mod. I didn't check before this but with slight 4 stroking it has 13,160 RPM. Surprisingly it has 150psi warm in stock form.

I might have to build a pipe for it for fun.....I can build it but have no idea on how to dimension it...is there a web site or someplace that can help with the calculations? If practicle, I'd build a blow thru carb for a turbo! I can do a 4bbl holley...do you think a Holley 2300 350cfm 2bbl would work??!!?? lol:chainsawguy:lol

Java Pipe software is available. Just plug in the numbers and whammo. Instant pipe. Pretty cool stuff.:msp_tongue:

Back