Wolfe Ridge Splitter in Canada?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmissed

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone in Canada has a Wolfe Ridge splitter? Did you have it delivered or did you pick it up at a show? Was there any duties to be paid bringing it across the border? Any issues with vendor support in the US?

Thanks

Made in USA should have no duties to be paid on it but if you get a freight company to ship expect to pay a brokerage fee for them to file the forms and then tell you that there are no duties due .

Made in USA should have no duties to be paid on it but if you get a freight company to ship expect to pay a brokerage fee for them to file the forms and then tell you that there are no duties due .
Thanks for the response. Have you had anything like this brought into Canada (I see you're in Nova Scotia)/

just curious, have you seen some of the great canadian built machines? Splitfire, Wallenstien, (to name a few).
i have a Splitfire, it's been a great machine.
i think the freight will make getting one from the US expensive. just to get 1 fork tine send across ontario alone was $150.....16' conveyor was $1400 for the space on the flat deck..... just to give you some food for thought!

just curious, have you seen some of the great canadian built machines? Splitfire, Wallenstien, (to name a few).
i have a Splitfire, it's been a great machine.
i think the freight will make getting one from the US expensive. just to get 1 fork tine send across ontario alone was $150.....16' conveyor was $1400 for the space on the flat deck..... just to give you some food for thought!

I'm looking to have a log lift and hydraulic wedge so nothing in Canada fits the bill. I could go with an Eastonmade but damn those are really expensive, Wolfe ridge seems to fit the bill at a more reasonable cost. Also I'm thinking that if I order one and pickup at one of their shows then I can save the freight costs and brokerage fees.

Thanks for the response. Have you had anything like this brought into Canada (I see you're in Nova Scotia)/

I've bought trapping gear for reselling in the past , tractor parts and knives .
I did my own customs paperwork on the trapping gear (pre-free trade") and it wasn't that bad .
Small things get sent through the mail so not much hassle .
Your plan of buying at a show and bringing back is most likely the cheapest way .
You'll get help from our border service when you declare it but call cbsa before you go just so you know the ground rules .

Back