Worldwide Construction Equipment got me for $9600.00!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasTreemonkey

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well fellas finally decided to get me a eagle towable lift. While surfing the web i came across a company called Worldwide construction equipment (www.wwcequip.com) owned by Bob Tressler located in pennslyvania. He had a nice Towable eagle 2-47 lift . Looked great in the pics and he was only asking $8000. I thought to myself, heck yeah! So i called Bob up and talked to him, he informed me he knew where the lift came from and insured me how nice it was. He said since i was in Texas the shipping would be $1600 so it would bring the total to $9600. He emails me a invoice and i take that and the pics of the lift to the bank and show it to them and they wire transfered $9600 to his bank since he wants the money b4 he ships it. IT ALL GOES DOWN HILL FROM HERE!!! Well in sittin at my house waitin for the lift to arrive and days later here it is! .... WHAT THE HELL??!!! ITS NOT EVEN THE SAME LIFT THAT WAS IN THE PICS!! The nice, clean good working lift in the pics was just that, only in the pics!!! This p.o.s. i got hasnt worked in years, the motor wasnt even hooked up or bolted down! So much rust on the cylinders there is no way they would even move IF you could even get power to them! Batteries that look like they were stolen from a antigue farm tractor, a generator with the guts hanging out, a burned up charger. and so much rust on this thing that the outriggers wont even fold out!! So i called Bob tressler up askin what the hell???? And after calling him daily he will no longer return my calls and i am hiring a attorney. And get this he said he owns the company!!! How the hell can somebody run a business like this?? I will keep everybody posted on how i turn out but as of now im the proud owner of a towable lift that aint worth its wieght in scrap iron. So next time yall decide to buy any equipment try Bob Tressler at Worldwide Construction equipment (www.wwcequip.com) . Im gonna post pics of this lift when i get a chance. and if ya'll know any other websites that need this information posted let me know. Thanks

There is a second side to this story and it is a good one!

See the owners rebuttal at this link:
http://arboristsite.com/showpost.php?p=985794&postcount=55

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a heads up on making "blind" purchases over the net with serious money, like Ebay or this dealer, you want to use an escrow service. Also you do not use an escrow service suggested by the seller unless you can get independent confirmation that the service is legit. You can check on eBay, they have approved escrow services. If the seller says they'll only use "their" escrow service (and it's not one of the well know verifiable services) then no deal.

Sorry that happened to you but I'm surprised you'd put that kind of money down without backup. Sounds like a criminal case, have you contacted the Pennsylvania Attorney General's office? Plus the interstate nature of the transaction brings it into conflict with federal law. I'm sure your attorney will have some good ideas about what to do next.
-moss

Last edited:
I don't know how these guys stay in business either. I hope you get a refund. Try contacting the PA Better Business Bureau before you hire a lawyer. They can do a lot of the preliminary work for you and might have enough leverage to help you get your money back - even if you get stuck for the shipping cost.

Also, make sure that you keep all correspondence with/from this individual including all emails with or without photos attached. If you send any letters, make sure they get sent certified with a delivery reciept.

Welcome to the 'bend over and get ...' club! It's an exclusive club for those of us who have a little too much faith in folks and have gotten hosed on past deals over the phone or internet. It stinks to get burned but try not to lose faith - there are still a few good businesspeople out there. I've had more deals made on good faith turn out good than bad but, it just goes to prove how one has to get things in writing anymore with all the blokes who are willing to take advantage of you.

Good luck. Things will work out one way or another in the end.

Last edited:
I don't know how these guys stay in business either. I hope you get a refund. Try contacting the PA Better Business Bureau before you hire a lawyer. They can do a lot of the preliminary work for you and might have enough leverage to help you get your money back - even if you get stuck for the shipping cost.

Also, make sure that you keep all correspondence with/from this individual including all emails with or without photos attached. If you send any letters, make sure they get sent certified with a delivery reciept.

Welcome to the 'bend over and get ...' club! It's an exclusive club for those of us who have a little too much faith in folks and have gotten hosed on past deals over the phone or internet. It stinks to get burned but try not to lose faith - there are still a few good businesspeople out there. I've had more deals made on good faith turn out good than bad but, it just goes to prove how one has to get things in writing anymore with all the blokes who are willing to take advantage of you.

Good luck. Things will work out one way or another in the end.

Haha. I bought my membership to that club from Harv's Sales in Michigan.

Haha. I bought my membership to that club from Harv's Sales in Michigan.

Me too, remember? Good 'ole Harv! My screw job was a poorly-painted-over-piece-of-junk chipper that looked like new in the photos and only had 500 hrs on it according to the hourmeter. It turned out to have around 2000 hours of use according to the Vermeer repair shop and was worth about half of what I paid for it.

You bought your membership into the club (probably a lifetime membership) with a beat up 1625 grinder, didn't you? I still see Harv's ads in the Tree Trader magazine and cringe evertime I see what looks to be really nice looking equipment priced way lower than the competition. I just know someone's on the phone with Harv and getting ready to bend over.:angry2:

:confused:

You paid out $9600 to a company you'd never heard of for a piece of equipment you'd never seen, based on a verbal description????

And you paid with a BANK TRANSFER?!?!?

:jawdrop:

:confused:

You paid out $9600 to a company you'd never heard of for a piece of equipment you'd never seen, based on a verbal description????

And you paid with a BANK TRANSFER?!?!?

:jawdrop:

There are still some people in this world who have faith in the human race. We like to think that not all salesmen are crooks just waiting to take advantage of someone. You might call us naive. Maybe so. I still like to have faith that there are still some good folks out there who will treat their customers with respect, dignity and appreciation because they value their business. If you've been reading my thread about 'how not to treat your customers...", you know where I'm coming from.

For the one sour deal I've had similar to texastreemonkey and gr8scott72, I've had several other deals turn out quite well. Yes, we are living in a new age where scammers are plentiful; howevr, should we all lose our faith in people and become pecimists because of the few rotten eggs among us? Again, call me naive but, i still believe the majority of people in this world are good. You just don't hear about them as often as the bad ones...

Good luck with this... I've been taken for a ride before. A company out of New York ganked me for $3,000.00.

Shysters are everywhere.:chainsaw:

should we all lose our faith in people and become pecimists because of the few rotten eggs among us?

No, but you should be prudent.

You weren't.

You don't have to become a sourpuss cynic to recognize the need for caution.

"Trust, but verify."

I hope you get your money back, but I won't bet any money on it.

"Trust, but verify."

How is there trust if you have to verify everything? Trust is about taking something on good faith. Sorry, nothing personal, but that comment just makes no sense at all to me.

Man this :censored: me off, I live in pa & for some scrotum to hose a fellow tree guy irritates me!!

I have bought a few Towables & I always go look at them!! I had a guy from florida wanting to buy my lift & told him "I dont expect anyone to trust anyone they have never met" come look at it & go from there.

If I were you in PA they have a 3 day rule where you can break any contract (actually 72hrs), so fax a letter, record the phone call, etc..

Good Luck.

If you need any help, let me know, I might be able to get some info for who to contact, etc...

LXT...............

One other thing for any equip. being sold, Make sure the Pic is the actual machine, I have gone to look at stuff that no where near resembles what they showed on sight!!

Often times they will use a brochure pic, or another likeness of the same machine for photo purposes(bait & switch), not right! but they do this often.

LXT...........

Anybody from peeslyvania got a number to the better bisiness bureau or attorney generals office or anything?

Just a typo or are you trying to tell us what your recent opinion is of lxt's stomping grounds? :)

Last edited:
Haha my bad! just a typo! I got the number and i called them and they are lookin into it. I need some more websites to post this. I want anybody and everybody to hear my story and no what happens with bob tressler and worldwide construction equipment.

Haha my bad! just a typo! I got the number and i called them and they are lookin into it. I need some more websites to post this. I want anybody and everybody to hear my story and no what happens with bob tressler and worldwide construction equipment.

Just be careful of the slander and liabelous statements laws......

Bait and switch does suck. I would have at least flown out to do a look over, I do feel for you though.

Just don't let it effect your nature, just remember how the "Do unto others.." directive reads. I've known a number of people who have soured from getting screwed, so they take it as license to screw other people down the line.

speechless! i sure hope things work out for you. the man should be in jail for grand theft and a bunch of other charges, including $10,000 or more restitution dollars paid to ya. hell i hope they fri his azz!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back